Statue Snow Troll Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry you lost me. What insinuation? The secondary market? Doesn't Sideshow customers regularly put up statues there, which is even more prolific when pieces don't require an NRD?

Your post read very much like you were saying that SS allows its replacement pieces to end up on the secondary market. You know instead of using them for replacements. Yes, you're correct that people will sell the pieces they buy from SS on ebay, the freaks board, etc. Pieces that are meant to be used as replacements from SS just don't end up on those places.

Your post read very much like you were saying that SS allows its replacement pieces to end up on the secondary market.

Wow, now that would be really shady!

Yes, you're correct that people will sell the pieces they buy from SS on ebay, the freaks board, etc. Pieces that are meant to be used as replacements from SS just don't end up on those places.

Sure they do, when some customers replace them and then they put up the items on the secondary market.

That's why I wanted to make sure we cleared up what you meant.

Yes, they will ONLY if used as an actual replacement and the collector then decides to sell their collectible.

Anyways we've gotten way OT here. Let's get back to talking about this statue. Thanks :duff

Did a page of posts get deleted or was I dreaming this morning??

The statue, no way I buy this at retail from SS. Let em know with your wallets what you want.

Yes, I deleted several posts as I said we got far enough off topic and it was time to get back on. Everyone made their points on the off topic part and its time to get back to talking about the Troll Statue.

I used RP to get it from SS. Now, having said that I would have bought it anyways because the RP I would have received are more than enough for me. People complain about the pricing of items by all these companies yet the Snow Troll is the same price as the Cave Troll from 10 years ago.

Will this be in scale with the rest of the line? I saw the pics this weekend, and noticed he has a dwarf in his hand, but the dwarf looks quite a bit smaller than Gimli. Does anyone have a side by side pic from SDCC?

He will be larger than the other statues because he's a Troll so expect that size difference.

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

That's not really what I mean. I know the troll itself is larger, but I'm meaning more scale wise. In your group shot, he is holding someone in his grip, that I'm assuming is a dwarf. Well, compared to Gimli (also a dwarf) just a few feet away, the dwarf in his grasp looks tiny, comparatively.

Detailing looks very nice. I am sure somewhere in the 63 pages this was discussed but this is NOT a maquette line piece correct? By the base alone, and crossover nature of this piece I think that's fair. I wonder if there was some incentive from the gaming company here, or maybe like the life size Darth whatever they are doing, the piece was developed for marketing.

That's not really what I mean. I know the troll itself is larger, but I'm meaning more scale wise. In your group shot, he is holding someone in his grip, that I'm assuming is a dwarf. Well, compared to Gimli (also a dwarf) just a few feet away, the dwarf in his grasp looks tiny, comparatively.

He's not in the same 1:6th scale the others are because that would be one large ass Troll. :lol He's just a bit larger overall than the original Cave Troll was back in the day. As far as the Dwarf he's holding he's proper scale for the size of the statue.

Detailing looks very nice. I am sure somewhere in the 63 pages this was discussed but this is NOT a maquette line piece correct? By the base alone, and crossover nature of this piece I think that's fair. I wonder if there was some incentive from the gaming company here, or maybe like the life size Darth whatever they are doing, the piece was developed for marketing.

No, its part of this statue line. Its just not from the movies but a representation of the game and what other Trolls may have looked like. This was originally going to be done differently but things changed and SS decided to sell this as a statue.

As I often find myself doing, I'm going to respectfully, but absolutely, disagree with Josh here. There is just no way this piece falls into the same line as the current moquettes offerings.

Every other piece in the line follows these guidelines:

1. Same base, even for the most recent pre-order, and first baddie, the Ringwraith.
2. Same scale, judging by Arwen at 13.5 and Ringwraith at 19.5 inches.
3. Film accurate, down to very fine likenesses thus far, Arwen notwithstanding.
4. Non speculative, or tied into a game release.

Now, of course, this would be easier if on Sideshow's own site the maquette line was delineated out of the other polystone statue offerings, rather that just being lumped all together. I don't really understand why the new, seemingly successful line does not garner its own category, such as the Premium Formats, Legendary Scale Busts, etc. If there were a separate category called "maquettes" and this piece fell into it, then I would agree with Josh. But not as it stands with all of the glaring differences, most notably, the non-filmic representation of a Troll.

(my two cents, and that's all it is)

Oh, and I forgot to mention, that since I cancelled this, there is just no way it can be in the maquette line. Because I'm being an exclusive completionist in that line...

;)

Oh, and I forgot to mention, that since I cancelled this, there is just no way it can be in the maquette line. Because I'm being an exclusive completionist in that line...

;)

Even if they did create a maquette category and put this under it I still would not consider it a maquette. It is so completely different from all other maquettes I'm astonished they (or people here) would even consider it.

I could care less. The Troll is freaking awesome looking and once again it will be nice to have a huge Troll statue in my collection. Not to mention I have had a blast playing the game. Of course knowing this race of Troll have been mentioned its cool to put something visual with the name.

;)

Even if they did create a maquette category and put this under it I still would not consider it a maquette. It is so completely different from all other maquettes I'm astonished they (or people here) would even consider it.

Yeah, I think the problem to make a whole new line for just this one statue of a different scale was a bit difficult, so they lumped it together with the maquettes hoping that their popularity would promote the sales as well. But judging by the huge scale discrepancy between the dwarf being held by the troll and Gimli they won't display with the maquette line well at all scalewise. It's like the Venomsaurus of the LOTR line except that there is no exclusive and the edition size has not been set yet.

Last edited:
Did any of you own the original Cave Troll statue? He's right in scale with that and that item was bigger than the other statues but not the exact 1:5th or 1:6th scale. Why? Because it would have been freaking huge otherwise. As far as the Dwarf being too small no he isn't too small and in proper scale for the Troll.

A freaking huge cave troll would be awesome, if they ever make one I'll definitely pick him up. They just have to make him bent over like the Abomination which was a monster.

I agree that would be cool. I would make every effort to get that statue, but I will say this piece being the size it is (which as I said is actually a little bigger than the original Cave Troll) is awesome as well. He will look as bad ass with this line of statues as the Cave Troll did with the original line.

well if this guy sticks around long enough I might be able to pick one up later on. Heres hoping for that, ive just been really trying to cut down on my spending. Even canceled a few orders back

Back