Snow Job! (MC Toys: Snow Space set)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted some pictures with the hood up. And the way sideshow is goin', it'll be faster and cheaper to just tackle it on my own. Got a sculpt, some patches, and a laser rifle coming, just gotta order the set.

I can't figure out what I want to do. I don't want to break the bank, but I'm just having issues finding a nice rifle. A nice MK11 would be cool, or a 416 or something, I don't know.

What do you guys think of a PSG1?

riflewith2clips.jpg

That will work fine for Snow Job!

Personally, I'd go with the M40A5 in snow camo:
q2z9.jpg

Wow, it's out already?

Cotswolds has the cheapest PO, by a few bucks. Need to get that set and a few parts, should be fun.

EDIT - actually, seeing the material choices in better pics now has me second guessing this. not sure why they went with the pleather flaps and stuff. doesn't help the review that the uniform is fitting super poorly too. HMM thinking to do.

Right? Saved me whatever it cost, I seriously had it in my cart this afternoon and was ready to pull the trigger. This one was a pretty big letdown.

I still think it looks fine to be honest. Other than the pleather bag it looks a-okay. Snow gear is usually a bit shiny.
the shoulders & pocket flaps are pleather too... but that might be fixable... pocket flaps would probably be easy enough to cover/replace. people have commented on there being no fur in the hood... thats an easy fix!

the shoulders & pocket flaps are pleather too... but that might be fixable... pocket flaps would probably be easy enough to cover/replace. people have commented on there being no fur in the hood... thats an easy fix!

Really? What's your solution for that?

whats my solution for there being no fur in the hood? adding some fur around the hood?
could also maybe use some to cover that horrible pleather on the pocket flaps... might just work.
has potential... doesnt need as much work as i first thought.

Yeah I'm not liking the pleather bits myself, they were there on the original preview images if you go back and look at the pics again, but on the actual release the pleather looks way too shinny. They also changed the material on the backpack straps to pleather, possibly the gaiters as well and who knows what the front mag pouches look like, not nice.

I never preorder something non-Sideshow, I wait for images of the actual items. This still might be fixable, but I might as wait until 2018 for Sideshow's Snow Job. :gah:

yeah I took another look at the preview pics, and they do use that material, but I'm guessing in post they turned down the shine on those pics a good deal. It's clearly not as highlighted by any natural light as the in hand pics.

Oh well, might get bored and order it, but I'm holding on for now.

Back