Media SNES Mini

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome, but I need to figure out if I can use it with our tv. We only have one TV and it's an HD one so the picture may be wonky.

There are two ways, either send it to be modded with the infamous UltraHDMI mod or a RGB mod coupled with the Framemeister, both which are expensive. One thing to note is that the N64 has built in anti aliasing (which can be modded) which makes the picture muddy by default. Whatever you do though, DO NOT ever use composite (yellow) cables too hook up anything to a modern TV, it will look beyond ugly. Yeah, nerd, I know. :slap

https://store.retrofixes.com/products/n64-1080p-hdmi-mod-upgrade-coming-soon

I've got a modded XBox for this purpose. Plus, emulators that I use on my DS, in addition to having the Gameboy Advance versions of Link to the Past and Super Mario World. My NES and SNES itch has been pretty well scratched for years. While I would like to buy the official releases for HD output and the like, I'm not going to bend over backwards and pay out the nose for it from scalpers on the secondary market.

Nice! Does it look good?

The SNES games look pretty good. I have RGB component outputs. But I'm sure you could improve the image quality further if you used the Framemeister. The nice thing about the XBox is that it has so many emulators that you can use with it--Atari, NES, Genesis, SNES, Playstation 1, arcade, etc.--and so you don't need to run cables separately for each device. For years I just used one of those joint NES/SNES player deals, but this is much better.

I actually prefer the fact that the minis are rom based and not cartridge. I have my original NES for my carts, and the mini for all other games I missed out having as a kid.

Eh, I like how SEGA handled it with their Plug & Play Genesis, where it came with a bunch of games preinstalled but you could also use your own cartridges. I still gotta get one of those.

Eh, I like how SEGA handled it with their Plug & Play Genesis, where it came with a bunch of games preinstalled but you could also use your own cartridges. I still gotta get one of those.

Yes but the sega was always a top loader, where as the NES you had to insert the cart and close the lid. I'm not sure how you could keep the same nostalgic look of it and still be able to use the carts.

I have one of those mini segas. I used it only lime a few times. I think i bought rc pro am as well. Its packed away somewhere.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yes but the sega was always a top loader, where as the NES you had to insert the cart and close the lid. I'm not sure how you could keep the same nostalgic look of it and still be able to use the carts.

Eh, I'm sure they still could've done it somehow. Besides, the SNES & Nintendo 64 were top loaders, so those should have it no matter what.

Problem with those Geneses are that they only have basic composite outputs.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Good news- They support RGB SCART natively with just a cable upgrade. You can go cheap by by getting a SCART to Component adapter and it would already be a major upgrade to the picture quality. :duff

Eh, I'm sure they still could've done it somehow. Besides, the SNES & Nintendo 64 were top loaders, so those should have it no matter what.

Yes, but the other issue with using existing carts is you then lose the mini part of the name. If they really are aiming for this to be as small as it's predecessor then there's no way an original cart would fit.

Yes, but the other issue with using existing carts is you then lose the mini part of the name. If they really are aiming for this to be as small as it's predecessor then there's no way an original cart would fit.

They never called it a mini tho. They called it an "NES Classic Edition".

nes-classic-edition-box.png

I passed on the NES classic as i have the original that i prefer, but this i might buy. Tried SNES over at friends' house, but only in bits, never completed any of the games.

Back