Sneak Peek of Fell Beast/Eagle Dio!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like! Can't wait to see the finished product. I may even consider buying my first LOTR Dio.

This thing looks very solid. The beast looks amazing and I cannot wait to see the finished piece. Breathtaking!

I think it looks great so far. Really looking forward to seeing the Eagle as well.

This one WILL be mine, for sure.

This is one dio I must have so far. Hopefully I will love all of it. So far it is looking fantastic.

My hope in this is that SS maintains the color scheme of the previous SS/W FB. I've seen attempts by other companies (cough! Gentle Giant cough!) where they had a great sculpt, and then botched it with the paint job. The Dooku and Asajj statue comes to mind -- great sculpt, horrible paint app choice which killed the order for me.

My hope in this is that SS maintains the color scheme of the previous SS/W FB. I've seen attempts by other companies (cough! Gentle Giant cough!) where they had a great sculpt, and then botched it with the paint job. The Dooku and Asajj statue comes to mind -- great sculpt, horrible paint app choice which killed the order for me.

Why on earth would you want a purple fell beast :confused:

Why on earth would you want a purple fell beast :confused:

Because that's how the original Weta artists imagined them to be! That's one reason the Weta statues hold a special place in my collection --- they represent the art of Weta, if anything, more like artist prints in statue form.

Because that's how the original Weta artists imagined them to be! That's one reason the Weta statues hold a special place in my collection --- they represent the art of Weta, if anything, more like artist prints in statue form.

Thankfully PJ didn't agree! A flying purple dinosaur would have looked pretty ridiculous in the movies. And since these LOTR statues and busts are supposed to based on the movies hopefully this one will be grey.

I've always looked at the fell beast as black with a purple shine to them.
Def not grey. The mumakils where grey

I've always looked at the fell beast as black with a purple shine to them.
Def not grey. The mumakils where grey

ttt1642.jpg

rotk1241.jpg

rotk1723.jpg

rotk1239.jpg

While the fell beast takes on a darker grey look in low light conditions, it is certainly light grey otherwise.

Back