Snake Plissken's Gentlemen's Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised some women's group hasn't lost their minds over a cooking game being put on the girl shelf.

I always found it funny that all the toys and games that are aimed at girls, are all based on misogyny :lol

what makes me laugh is when girls dont shave or shower (to fight the patriarchy)

but then they are still wearing tons of make up on their face when they go out... the irony :lol

Or they still expect you to open the door for them and they still want to be placed on the pedestal and babied.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443034503.461925.jpg

:lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's RE4 syndrome :panic:

Yep. I love MGS3, and it's the most cinematic experience of the series... but as a MGS, I don't think it's the untouchable masterpiece everyone else does. It does so much right, but I find the Cobras stupid... and after the origin of their abilities is revealed in V... I find them even less interesting. The two elements that made the game so great, was The Boss and the Jungle... that's it.

Yep. I love MGS3, and it's the most cinematic experience of the series... but as a MGS, I don't think it's the untouchable masterpiece everyone else does. It does so much right, but I find the Cobras stupid... and after the origin of their abilities is revealed in V... I find them even less interesting. The two elements that made the game so great, was The Boss and the Jungle... that's it.

Well, the End was the only member who had parasites... because he never bathed, or something like that. The big thing I appreciate about MGS 3, is that it brought the supernatural elements of the series at the forefront. Not even nano-machines (or parasites) could explain how The Sorrow's ghost was helping Naked Snake, or how The Pain had such control over bees :lol. It's that kind of mysticism that was reminiscent of Vulcan Raven, and even MGS 2's Ocelot - before MGS 4's ham-handed explanation that he was using self-hypnosis, and wasn't actually possessed by Liquid.

I dunno man. To me, MGS 3 provided a great origin story for Big Boss, as well as the betrayal he suffered from the government, which caused him to part ways. The Philosopher's Legacy also provided a great explanation on how Big Boss amassed the funds to build Outer Heaven. But, the other games like MGS 4, PW, and TPP did a terrible job of following up with his story.

Aside from the over-the-top, cartoony Bosses (which I never really had a problem with), I seriously can't nitpick anything about MGS 3. It's a decent follow up to MGS 1 and 2, and the story just compliments those two games very well. It didn't have the social commentary and meta aspects of MGS 2, but then again, no game in the series does.

I think it's a great game, that's all. It's just the gameplay really drew me in, and I liked the story a lot at times, same with MGS2 and MGS1 (after revisiting post-LP). It really should have been a one off, and that basically after that, Big Boss became disillusioned with the world and became evil, sorta like why The Boss became the antagonist, or something like that. Just leave it to interpretation. It has its flaws at times, totally, but every game has that. I just wish more people would realize that and stop praising every game like the second coming just because Lord Kojima-sama made it :slap:

Wait...what? It bastardized even them? I found the Cobras stupid almost unintentionally so, because stuff like The Pain...no, just no. I figured, maybe there were amusing on purpose, kinda like Fatman and Fortune.
Well, the End was the only member who had parasites... because he never bathed, or something like that. The big thing I appreciate about MGS 3, is that it brought the supernatural elements of the series at the forefront. Not even nano-machines (or parasites) could explain how The Sorrow's ghost was helping Naked Snake, or how The Pain had such control over bees :lol. It's that kind of mysticism that was reminiscent of Vulcan Raven, and even MGS 2's Ocelot - before MGS 4's ham-handed explanation that he was using self-hypnosis, and wasn't actually possessed by Liquid.

I dunno man. To me, MGS 3 provided a great origin story for Big Boss, as well as the betrayal he suffered from the government, which caused him to part ways. The Philosopher's Legacy also provided a great explanation on how Big Boss amassed the funds to build Outer Heaven. But, the other games like MGS 4, PW, and TPP did a terrible job of following up with his story.

Aside from the over-the-top, cartoony Bosses (which I never really had a problem with), I seriously can't nitpick anything about MGS 3. It's a decent follow up to MGS 1 and 2, and the story just compliments those two games very well. It didn't have the social commentary and meta aspects of MGS 2, but then again, no game in the series does.
Wait...parasites? Seriously? I saw your pro pic associated with that and thought of The End but...seriously? Bleh. The lack of nanomachines is nice though, but yeah. And MGS4's explanation...ugh, damn it all.

MGS3 really was a great origin story, and worked due to what you said. But everything afterward...it just fell apart. There are a few sequences I don't like in MGS3, some boss fights, and maybe some story issues, but overall it's great. If I had to go further, it's just that the series REALLY fell apart after this, just like how RE fell apart after RE4. even worse when you realize both of those games came out around the same time, and it's similar reasons. They revolutionized the gameplay, and changed the story (stuff about Big Boss, and no more zombies) yet were faithful enough to the previous games, but after that, it's like the developers didn't realize what the games did right, so they took some of the things that we loved, yet ruined the other things people loved too. RE4 was still scary, regenerators be damned, but RE5 wasn't. MGS3 had a good story, and added to the lore, MGS 4 ruined that. I could probably go on about this comparison, but I think I have something here. I believe fans who started with both games also had the series potentially ruined for them as well, and the developers probably catered to them in some respects.

The old guy in my profile pic was Code Talker. As a minor spoiler, he essentially did some experiments on The End's corpse and found the secret to his supposed "immortality" (aka. parasites). But, don't quote me on that. I listened to 10 cassette tapes of that old fart rambling on about his parasites... and I gave up shortly after.

As much as I like MGS 3, I think this series would've been better off without it. It started a chain reaction of horrible prequels that undermined the future tech in the series, and which negated Snake's accomplishments by making Big Boss fight more powerful Metal Gears :slap. Then there's all of the bloated filler in MGS 4...

I got a "The End" vibe from it, I know it was someone else.

Kojima has been trying to match MGS 3, and he hasn't since. Combined with how new fans prefer that over the older games (trust me, I'd still love for an older style MGS game but with MGS3's enhancements), he doesn't really know. Such a horrible legacy...don't get me started on MGS 4.

Honestly reading all the comments as of the late it seems to be a occurring thing in games...

Uncharted 1-2 was great Uncharted 3 suffered badly on script.

Saints Row 1-2 was great, Saint Row 3-4-Gat OMG Dafuq...

Assassin's Creed... I wont even bring up that POS... After 3 Ubisoft went nuts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back