Snake Plissken's Gentlemen's Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I love MGS3, and it's the most cinematic experience of the series... but as a MGS, I don't think it's the untouchable masterpiece everyone else does. It does so much right, but I find the Cobras stupid... and after the origin of their abilities is revealed in V... I find them even less interesting. The two elements that made the game so great, was The Boss and the Jungle... that's it.

Well, the End was the only member who had parasites... because he never bathed, or something like that. The big thing I appreciate about MGS 3, is that it brought the supernatural elements of the series at the forefront. Not even nano-machines (or parasites) could explain how The Sorrow's ghost was helping Naked Snake, or how The Pain had such control over bees :lol. It's that kind of mysticism that was reminiscent of Vulcan Raven, and even MGS 2's Ocelot - before MGS 4's ham-handed explanation that he was using self-hypnosis, and wasn't actually possessed by Liquid.

I dunno man. To me, MGS 3 provided a great origin story for Big Boss, as well as the betrayal he suffered from the government, which caused him to part ways. The Philosopher's Legacy also provided a great explanation on how Big Boss amassed the funds to build Outer Heaven. But, the other games like MGS 4, PW, and TPP did a terrible job of following up with his story.

Aside from the over-the-top, cartoony Bosses (which I never really had a problem with), I seriously can't nitpick anything about MGS 3. It's a decent follow up to MGS 1 and 2, and the story just compliments those two games very well. It didn't have the social commentary and meta aspects of MGS 2, but then again, no game in the series does.

I think it's a great game, that's all. It's just the gameplay really drew me in, and I liked the story a lot at times, same with MGS2 and MGS1 (after revisiting post-LP). It really should have been a one off, and that basically after that, Big Boss became disillusioned with the world and became evil, sorta like why The Boss became the antagonist, or something like that. Just leave it to interpretation. It has its flaws at times, totally, but every game has that. I just wish more people would realize that and stop praising every game like the second coming just because Lord Kojima-sama made it :slap:

Wait...what? It bastardized even them? I found the Cobras stupid almost unintentionally so, because stuff like The Pain...no, just no. I figured, maybe there were amusing on purpose, kinda like Fatman and Fortune.Wait...parasites? Seriously? I saw your pro pic associated with that and thought of The End but...seriously? Bleh. The lack of nanomachines is nice though, but yeah. And MGS4's explanation...ugh, damn it all.

MGS3 really was a great origin story, and worked due to what you said. But everything afterward...it just fell apart. There are a few sequences I don't like in MGS3, some boss fights, and maybe some story issues, but overall it's great. If I had to go further, it's just that the series REALLY fell apart after this, just like how RE fell apart after RE4. even worse when you realize both of those games came out around the same time, and it's similar reasons. They revolutionized the gameplay, and changed the story (stuff about Big Boss, and no more zombies) yet were faithful enough to the previous games, but after that, it's like the developers didn't realize what the games did right, so they took some of the things that we loved, yet ruined the other things people loved too. RE4 was still scary, regenerators be damned, but RE5 wasn't. MGS3 had a good story, and added to the lore, MGS 4 ruined that. I could probably go on about this comparison, but I think I have something here. I believe fans who started with both games also had the series potentially ruined for them as well, and the developers probably catered to them in some respects.

Well, to clarify, my love for MGS3 should remain unquestionable just like every one of you, but my issue with it is the same as RE4- they're both not the final say in Metal Gear or Resident Evil as fans make it out to be.

I think I could say the same for Terminator 2. Is it perfect? Sure! But it's also overrated that it even overshadows T1, believe me, I've seen these folks who didn't bother with T1. :lol

Well, to clarify, my love for MGS3 should remain unquestionable just like every one of you, but my issue with it is the same as RE4- they're both not the final say in Metal Gear or Resident Evil as fans make it out to be.

I think I could say the same for Terminator 2. Is it perfect? Sure! But it's also overrated that it even overshadows T1, believe me, I've seen these folks who didn't bother with T1. :lol

That's a fantastic comparison. Everyone loves T2, because they probably started with it... but T1 is the better film. Get over it :lecture

I started with T2 myself, but I've come to love T1 100x more.

I started with T1, then went to T2 and I go back and forth with watching them. I mostly go with T2 for a few things but both work, and are surprisingly different in some spots. It's a hard call for me...

I would not say RE4 is the final say in RE, since people love to make it out to be 'not that scary' and 'so action packed and fast paced', even though I think the series slowly got fast paced as it went on. It's just obvious in 4, compared to the other ones. That is true on MGS3, almost really most of the series...

c8c9d634d7bf4f5218d6641cc9d9c0c2.jpg

Yeah the sculpt sucks, the rest is good. Better custom than Koopa's RE ones. :lol

Koopa?! With MGS?!

I like how he damaged the stockings though but yeah, besides the head, not too bad. But why ar edhead? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back