Snake Plissken's Gentlemen's Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God damn Monday.

Zlgt2hw.gif

Netflix is ****ing useless when it comes to Holiday Movies. "Oh, we have 'It's a Wonderful Life,' but hurry! It expires on Thanksgiving, and Groundhog Day is available all day, every day...except Groundhog Day, because that wouldn't make any sense, right?" Assbags.

Netflix is dog ****. I don't even know why I keep it. I might watch something on it once or twice a month.

Get Amazon Prime. You'll get a similar service like Netflix, and free two day shipping with all of your orders. It's $100 for a year, but it more than makes up for it.

I like when the switching up for their library makes internet news... oh wow, a new bunch of movies I don't want to watch.

I've been watching Oz on HBO demand lately. I watched it when it was originally on but haven't seen it in over a decade, I forgot how amazing that show was... but there's a lot of peen.

Is Sopranos worth a shot? I do got amazon prime. I never used their streaming service though.

NETFLIX has some decent anime if you're into that.

I stayed away from Oz for that reason. Isn't there sodomy in it?

None shown, but implied. J.K. Simmons is fantastic in it.

Is Sopranos worth a shot? I do got amazon prime. I never used their streaming service though.

NETFLIX has some decent anime if you're into that.

Do it. Sopranos is the most compelling TV ever done IMO.

The UK version of netflix is bottom of the barrel stuff. Glad we can just change the dns settings.

Sopranos is amazing. I binge watched it this past summer, and it's arguably the greatest contemporary TV show I've ever seen. The show itself is incredible. The writing's fantastic, the character development's nigh unparalleled, and the performances are stellar (with James Gandolfini's seminal role in Tony Soprano). I think the most amazing thing about it, though, is how revolutionary it was. One of my pet peeves is just how overlooked I think Mad Men sometimes is. All eyes are on Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead, but Mad Men, really, is the show that ushered in that era of premium quality content on standard cable.

Well, if Mad Men ushered in that era, I believe The Sopranos set the standard for the "premium quality content" that inspired it. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Matthew Weiner (the creator of Mad Men) was a writer on The Sopranos. Anyway, I'm sorry to go off on a tangent, but, my point is that The Sopranos may very well be responsible for how we think of Television in the 21st Century.

Never watched Mad Men, but I can easily say that TWD and BrBa are overrated... but I do think BrBa was amazing on first viewing, but I didn't like the last season much at all.

I loved Breaking Bad, as well. I agree about TWD, though. It's a good show, and it's better than a lot of the stuff on TV (because, let's face it, there's a lot of **** on TV), but I find it nowhere near as good as a lot of the praise it gets. I love Mad Men, though. It's definitely not for everyone, and it is an acquired taste, in some regards (you have to put in the time to get invested in the characters, but, once you do, the experience is extremely rewarding, in terms of the quality), but it's one of my favorite shows ever.

Loved Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and The Sopranos. I may watch OZ again. It was a great show until the last season or two. It definitely started getting a little ridiculous and the series finale was ****.

Definitely agree about Mad Men being a great show. Can't wait for the second half of the final season to start. Its gonna be really interesting to see how the show ends.

Since we're talking about breaking bad:

I thought this commercial was hilarious.

We both have a lot of experience in drugs... sorry, pharmaceuticals.

This snow sucks. I just tried to go to bks and there was 6-8 inches in the parking lot. No one with 2 wheel drive could make it in and the drive through has been shut down since the last storm. I watched like 5 people try and then i left to go to a sub shop. Im sure ill get in trouble for taking too much time for lunch. Oh yeah, it took me 3 hours to make it in to work, the commute is usually 1 hour 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back