Snake Eyes and Timber Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe a lot of people said they will not get this. This is beyond awesome, the detail is AMAZING.

26301_press01.jpg

I will display it in a besta self like this:yess:

I agree about the phenomenal detail. I had to do a double take to make sure his suit didn't feature some mixed media. If that image above was a 1/4 scale Premium Format it might have been the SE grail of grails.

yeah if this was a PF, I probably would have plunked down the cash for it. I mean damn it does looks awesome.

I agree about the phenomenal detail. I had to do a double take to make sure his suit didn't feature some mixed media. If that image above was a 1/4 scale Premium Format it might have been the SE grail of grails.

Ditto. :goodpost:

:goodpost: I agree Khev, if it was 1/4 scale it would have been an instant grail but I'm sure that's in the works as well. Congrats to those getting this, the detail looks fantastic.

Like many have stated, looks really cool but not buying statues and that seems to be the general sentiment, they better free up space in the warehouse next to tyhe enviro's and dio's that dont sell

What everyone else is saying--I really, really dig this statue, but not even a consideration in 1/5 scale. WTF Sideshow? You just revealed your first 1/4 scale statue in CC, and you're already dipping your toes into 1/5th with this? Joe collectors aren't Star Wars collectors who will buy anything that gets thrown out there. The statues are a hard enough sell to begin with. Messing around with different scales isn't gonna be a formula for success IMO.

I really like the look of this, the fully-sculpted detail looks amazing, and they didn't give him a pose that detracts from the piece. If by some chance this does turn out to be 1/4 scale there's a good chance i'll buy it, but no chance if it's smaller. I'm one of the 20 or so people that bought the CC PF and I will not do mismatched scales for Joes since I'll only get 2-3 max.

Fuzzy, could you mock up a comparison pic?

^^^ Somebody posted this pic in SF, I think it's a little bit off. The apple on CC looks a little bit bigger than the apple on SE, so the SE should be a little bit bigger.

SIZE-1.jpg

What everyone else is saying--I really, really dig this statue, but not even a consideration in 1/5 scale. WTF Sideshow? You just revealed your first 1/4 scale statue in CC, and you're already dipping your toes into 1/5th with this? Joe collectors aren't Star Wars collectors who will buy anything that gets thrown out there. The statues are a hard enough sell to begin with. Messing around with different scales isn't gonna be a formula for success IMO.

Maybe they dropped down in scale because of how the CC is selling. Maybe they see that theres a market for the Joe statues, but not at that size...then again that doesnt explain the high price tag on SE.

:goodpost: I agree Khev, if it was 1/4 scale it would have been an instant grail but I'm sure that's in the works as well. Congrats to those getting this, the detail looks fantastic.

Such a shame too cuz this is absolutely gorgeous! The pf I am sure will look great, but clothing always hides so much possible detail.

I am pretty surprised they are already changing scales too, I like the option and WILL buy this one, just thought it was too soon, I would have expected the PF line to gain some momentum before exploring, I swear if we get a lsb before another PF....well I would be happy but I want my BARONESS!! :panic: :stick sideshow

Maybe they dropped down in scale because of how the CC is selling. Maybe they see that theres a market for the Joe statues, but not at that size...then again that doesnt explain the high price tag on SE.

There is a market, just not a very large one for statues it seems :dunno Joe collectors can't seem to upgrade to higher end collectibles. most 1:6 collectors won't upgrade to statues, and most 3 3/4" collectors won't upgrade to either. At least the 1:6 understands the price increases on statues, 3 3/4" collectors can't get past spending under $10 for a single character.

:lol @ statue collectors who _____ed about 1/6 collectors complaining and not ordering and then turned around and did the same thing after the price and scale was announced. :monkey1

:lol @ statue collectors who _____ed about 1/6 collectors complaining and not ordering and then turned around and did the same thing after the price and scale was announced. :monkey1

I think the complaint was bashing it for the fact that it was a statue and not a figure.

Back