Snake Eyes and Timber Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So lets see
1/6 scale figures
1/6 scale environments
Dioramas
PFs
Statues

What next? Full scale busts, Legendary Scale Busts?

SSC should watch out spreading this license too thin like they did with LOTR.

So lets see
1/6 scale figures
1/6 scale environments
Dioramas
PFs
Statues

MY GOD! if only! 1:1 Firefly, 1:1 Cobra Commander, 1;1 Destro, 1:1 Serpentor, 1:1 Baroness (she would be the less likely unfortunately, but maybe in lsb scale) I would completely quit every other line and focus soley on the Joe line if it got to that point.

I'd display it with the commando mask. Except for the kneepads its essentially an exact replica of the 1982 design, right down to the satchel. I think putting a 1985 visor on a 1982 body might throw it off a bit.

1982snakeeyesSwivel1.5MOC.jpg

061611snakeandtimber01.jpg

I know the opinion of Joe comic fans don't matter here much :thud: but he does have a similar outfit with the commando and visor look in the past 5-6 years. So I don't mind displaying either, but once the 85 SE comes out in pf form, this will be displayed as the commando look, now if they can make a 1/4 scale Timber to go with him...wow that would be great!

So lets see
1/6 scale figures
1/6 scale environments
Dioramas
PFs
Statues

I think these are a big waste of time and that these statues only cut into getting other 12" Joes much sooner in the line....this Snake Eyes statue should of been the newer V1 12" Snake eyes.Thats what everybody really wants anyway,but I guess if Sideshow sells 10 of these statues,they are happy

I just want this to be either 1/6 or 1/4 scale so it could at least feasibly be posed with 12 inch figures or PF's. If its 1/5 (which I understand is the case for a lot of their Marvel statues) it'll be a standalone piece or demand the creation of a whole new line for the collection which would not be very appealing to me.

Yeah, 1/5 scale is the worst to me. Too small for a good imposing statue, but bigger than a 1/6th scale figure so it doesn't work near them on a display.

This looks badass but statues in my collection usually end up chipped or worse yet, broken. GI Joe is the epitome of action figure so I hope to see this representation of SE in 1/6 form in the furture.

I too have to question whether Sideshow needs to add statues to their hefty lineup of G.I. Joe products. Why not just do a PF like they are for Cobra Commander? Or why not put out a better version of the 12-inch figure?

All that being said, I really like the look of this one, and I'll have to seriously consider it.

I'm a huge Snakes Eyes fan, but I think I'll pass on this. Something looks off to me with the goggled commando head sculpt....face looks to long.

I would have also liked a more action-oriented pose, especially with Timber snarling...and it would be cool if the Uzi came with a silencer that you could choose to add on to match the Mk-23.

I've mentioned it before, but the sneak peek of the Snake Eyes statue on the scrolling crawl of the SDCC 2010 G.I. Joe panel looks different from this version. Perhaps its a matter of the angle of the picture, but Snake Eyes looks bulkier (his arms look much more defined) and the head sculpt looks different to me.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos.php?videoID=741&key=license&val=G.I.

It has to be the same piece right? Unless it was a sneak of a Snake Eyes PF...but why would Sideshow choose to sculpt two identical poses for their statue and their PF? If the sneek is a prototype of this statue, I prefer the prototype.

I like it - but I agree with the scale issue. Having this either 1/6th or 1/4th would be a lot more appealing to me. I'm not sure I want ANOTHER scale in my collection. Too many already.

What's the price on this likely to be?

Back