Smallville: Season Nine...SUIT!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
Might as well start a new thread for upcoming Season Nine...big news rumor is there will be a suit this year!!

It is being shown at SDCC! It sounds different but I am anxious to see pics of it.

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/41794

UPDATED!! Comic Con:
No Cape For SMALLVILLE’s Superman Costume??
I am – Hercules!!

This just in:

Herc.

Confirming to you the Superman outfit for "Smallville" is real, there is a mad dash to a bunch of Warner reps happening right now.

But your previous report is slightly off --the suit makes its on-screen debut in the Season Nine premiere, which is called "Superman".

from Richerways

That would explain the absence of a cape!

Original post:
We got a tip about a month ago suggesting The CW appears is planning a “Smallville” TV-movie sequel titled “Metropolis” slated to air Christmas of next year. (Official announcement is expected here at Comic Con Sunday.)

Here’s something that just fell into my emailbox from an untested source:

Hey!

Comic Con is fab - yeh, i'm one of those pms-ing Twilight ^^^^^es taking over the floor, New Moon roxx!!!

Warner bros reps are grabbing random people at the show and giving them a sneak peek at the new Superman costume for Smallville Me and friends were grabbed by one girl (details below) and taken to a room (down the stairs next to the giant starbucks) and shown it.

it's gobsmackingly awesome! no spandex it looked like leather, its one suit, the top is blue at front and back, red on sides and arms, the trousers are blue at the front and back, red at sides. the superman symbol on the chest protruding out, its red. no cape. it was on a stand we could walk around.

There were no photos allowed, but the lady (name Rosie, slightly bigger build, brown hair) said we could tell others at show, to build hype. They're showing random people the suit throughout today, tomorrow and Saturday, and sunday Tom Welling is flying in just to wear it when its unveilled at for Smallville presentation on sunday.

wanted to email you this right now, back to the show, but Any more questions reply back!

x Anne

Last edited:
Interesting. I'm very curious to see it but afraid at the same time. I really wanted to see the tights and cape but based on what they've done with other DC character attire on the show this sounds about right.

Apparently so does everybody else. I must be the only one watching this now.

I feel so lonely.:monkey2

what channel does it come on? I never watched it to begin with, but I've never seen anything on it after like 3 years of it being out.

Pic of the suit posted to my blog. Yes I'm whoring out my blog.

1104l.jpg

This is supposedly an artist's rendering of the Smallville Superman suit shown at SDCC. From the SuperHeroHype boards ...

SnakeDoc

Pic of the suit posted to my blog. Yes I'm whoring out my blog.

Sorry. Didn't intend to derail your blog traffic. Didn't read all the way through the thread before I posted -- just noticed the picture wasn't there.

SnakeDoc

Nice, finally we get to see him in a suit, was getting tired in seeing him in red jacket and blue jeans

Tom Welling was made an executive producer for s9.

Is that good or bad?
Heh, it remains to be seen. I figured they would've had to do something to get him out of hiding for Comic Con. As far as actors go, the dude is a recluse. They've been giving him episodes to direct for the last few seasons, so I suppose this was the next step.

1104l.jpg

This is supposedly an artist's rendering of the Smallville Superman suit shown at SDCC. From the SuperHeroHype boards ...

SnakeDoc

that actually looks OK. of course most will probably hate it, but then again, they hate everything that isn't exactly how they want it. (the "S" is too small, it's not red enough, the neckline is wrong, there's an "S" on the belt, what, no "S" on the cape, etc.....) :rolleyes:

the suit and flying should have happened 4 or 5 years ago, but better late than never.

i just want him to fly and am curious how they will deal with everyone knowing that clark looks like superman. that "red-blue" blur(moving so fast no one can see him) was LAME.

what, no Nike or Adidas logo? Considering how Smallville whores itself out, I won't be surprised.

Smallville is still one of my favorite shows and I think the suit is pretty cool. I'm wondering though if he's gonna wear it throughout the entire season whenever he goes out to do Superman stuff. I hope that's the case and it's not just shown in one episode then thrown out.

Smallville is still one of my favorite shows and I think the suit is pretty cool. I'm wondering though if he's gonna wear it throughout the entire season whenever he goes out to do Superman stuff. I hope that's the case and it's not just shown in one episode then thrown out.

it will probably be thrown out. remember when clark finally decided he needed a "costume" after he had the green arrow stand in for him?

what did we get? red jacket and blue shirt. i'm not gonna get my hopes up.
i mean, it's a superman show except he's just "the flash" from krypton after 8 years.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back