Smallville Season 10: The Final Season (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why they didn't offer the complete collectors set on Blu Ray

They did the same thing with 24, for some reason. 24 wasn't all that effects-heavy, though ... mostly stunt-heavy, so I doubt it had anything to do with that. Still, Seasons 1 of 24 and Smallville were both around the same time ... back when there was no such thing as HDTV. Maybe there are issues with converting some pre-HDTV shows to Blu-Ray.

SnakeDoc

Im shure later down the road Warners will get us with the Smallville Blu Ray set, ill buy it LOL

The box set has some steller packaging, never had a box set this in depth, awesome art book!!!!!!!!!!

I would buy that complete series set if they made it on Blu, but I've held off on buying any of them on Blu because of the missing seasons.

If the previous seasons weren't shot in HD, will they even bother putting those seasons on BluRay??? From what I've read, it's a pretty hefty process to up-convert the nonHD to Bluray....

Looks like they are doing a Season 11 in novel form, written by Bryan Miller (who did a nice job with Batgirl before the new 52).

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/05/bryan-q-miller-to-launch-smallville-season-eleven-as-a-novel/

I'm thinking it will be along the same lines as the continuation that Whedon did with Season 9 of Buffy for Dark Horse comics.

I'll be looking forward to this.

Evan

I heard about this earlier but it was just a rumor so i dint wanna get hype but if this is true.....AWESOME!!!

A graphic novel or comic series to continue the saga is a great idea!! If they do it good. bryan is a great writer, hes written some of my favorite eps and deep down i think he knows smallville and what it means to the fans, i want the novel to be epic!!!

Just some "Fun Smallville Facts" Heres a list of some Smallville eps such Bryan wrote

Luthor!!!!
Masqurade
Hex
Commited
Echo

a bunch more

I heard about this earlier but it was just a rumor so i dint wanna get hype but if this is true.....AWESOME!!!

A graphic novel or comic series to continue the saga is a great idea!! If they do it good. bryan is a great writer, hes written some of my favorite eps and deep down i think he knows smallville and what it means to the fans, i want the novel to be epic!!!

Just some "Fun Smallville Facts" Heres a list of some Smallville eps such Bryan wrote

Luthor!!!!
Masqurade
Hex
Commited
Echo

a bunch more

It sounds like it is a regular novel not a graphic novel.

It sounds like it is a regular novel not a graphic novel.

Pretty sure it would be at this point, with the new DCU universe and the OGN Superman that JMS did recently with another coming in 2012, I don't think DC would muddy the waters with a Smallville GN but a regular old novel would work fine.

There's been a couple good Superman novels so I think a Smallville one would work fine and maybe down the road they could turn it into a GN or a mini series.

Evan

Even though the entire series collection isn't on Blu-Ray is it worth getting just on DVD?
Are there plans for them releasing the entire series on Blu-Ray?

Smallville01_coverB300dpiV2-704x1024.jpg

https://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2012/02/09/announcing-smallville-season-11/

SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 COMIC!

:clap:peace:yess::fireworks:blissy

Why all of a sudden while in the series it looked like Clark donned the Superman Returns costume is he in something more resembling the New 52 or Cavill film version?

Why all of a sudden while in the series it looked like Clark donned the Superman Returns costume is he in something more resembling the New 52 or Cavill film version?

The only thing i can assume is that DC is doing away with the classic red short and classic S shield all completely. But i like the new suit im not bothered by it, Just happy to see the series return!

Im shure you would know of anything Mike, is the lawsuit still going on for the rights to the character?

So far everything I've read says they are still in a standstill pending the box office receipts and the overall profitability of Man of Steel. The families are waiting until then before negotiating or at least they were the last time anyone reported on it.

As much as I love Smallville, I don't know if I'll be following the comic book continuation. I had a lot of trouble with Buffy Season 8 (which I still haven't finished :(), so I don't want to run into that issue again. I guess we shall see.

Back