Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

That's not a paint job you took a picture of your nose in a mirror!!

You astound me man... I make a living from a creative field but your technical talent makes me feel like a hack.

Thanks for playing guys. :bounce I will post the full sculpt pretty soon. Still working on it. :peace

Whos nose is this? Ive been trying a few new things with a bit more detail in the skin tones.

nose.png

Im not sure whos nose that belongs to but wow it looks like the real thing. Cant wait to see more. :joy

Tried a few new things out with Andy B's John Locke sculpt. Mainly with skin tone and detailing.

1y7dpl.png

4i42e.png

sw4o45.png

Last edited:

The short cropped hair on the side of his head, stubble and skin tones look amazing. I'm going to have to send some more heads to you Josh.

Amazing work Josh!
Just when I thought your masterpieces couldn't get any more realistic, you prove me wrong.
Alan

Thanks :bow Im always trying to improve on my paint applications. If you guys see something that needs to be tweeked def let me know. I always appreciate the feedback. :peace

phenomenal. super clean. precise. i love it.

i see you're quite skilled at the "blotching" skin texture pigmentation thing going on there.

I don't have the skills to do this, but from what I've noticed in some other repaint artists who tried to give off the "blotchy wax-like pigment" look, they apply that "texture" all across the face and not just on the top/forehead as you've done with John Locke.

I think they use a lighter base color and then add multiple light layers of blotches, but I could be wrong.
https://blog.dreamwiz.com/ubchongik?f=0

once again, I can only observe what i "think" they are doing, I don't think I have the skills to ever try :)

and i'm not sure on this, but i think they even spray a slight semi-gloss at strategic angles to highlight the pore-like textures?

my two speculative cents :)

phenomenal. super clean. precise. i love it.

i see you're quite skilled at the "blotching" skin texture pigmentation thing going on there.

I don't have the skills to do this, but from what I've noticed in some other repaint artists who tried to give off the "blotchy wax-like pigment" look, they apply that "texture" all across the face and not just on the top/forehead as you've done with John Locke.

I think they use a lighter base color and then add multiple light layers of blotches, but I could be wrong.
https://blog.dreamwiz.com/ubchongik?f=0

once again, I can only observe what i "think" they are doing, I don't think I have the skills to ever try :)

and i'm not sure on this, but i think they even spray a slight semi-gloss at strategic angles to highlight the pore-like textures?

my two speculative cents :)

Thanks Sunohc:peace I have actually seen some of Lalla's work. Basically the cast is done in a flesh colored resin and the tones are done with a type of glazing. No flesh colored paint is ever used. The skin "dots" are applied with a airbrush. This is similar to how HT does their paint apps as well i believe.

Thanks Sunohc:peace I have actually seen some of Lalla's work. Basically the cast is done in a flesh colored resin and the tones are done with a type of glazing. No flesh colored paint is ever used. The skin "dots" are applied with a airbrush. This is similar to how HT does their paint apps as well i believe.

Ah ha, airbrushing. I can't imagine how they can airbrush such small dots, but that's an interesting way to do the painting with glazing, I would've never guessed haha.

do you do most of yours with paintbrush or airbrush too?
i think you nailed the forehead skin/nose toning thing though

Hydeous glad your Tyler made it to you safely. I was a bit worried about the cig coming loose but it looks like he made it ok. Cant wait to see more pics.

Sunohc I use a airbrush for a base coat sometimes. Everything after that is done by brush even the small dots. All of Lockes stubble was done with a fine tip paint brush.:horror I wish i could get my hands on some good flesh colored sculpts but no one ever really cast them in a good tone that i have seen.

Last edited:
Back