Slave Leia Character Key

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
I don't fault them for having a low run on a show exclusive. It's the way that they treat the fans and potential customers that are waiting in line to buy it that matters--don't bring employees to a fan convention who look upon their customers with a smug sense of derision. The Sideshow booth was just as busy and hectic (a lot more, actually) and I'm sure the employees were stressed, but I didn't see any of them making fun of the fans, laughing in their faces, and telling them to get lost. The Acme folks really enjoyed turning people away empty handed and frustrated, and it showed. I'm glad they found our disappointment so richly entertaining.

EVERYONE at Acme wished everyone that wanted a Sidious key could have purchased one, but the demand simply outweighed the quantity produced. As I have explained on countless occasions, the line was not nearly as hot when we were planning the Comic-Con exclusive as it ended up being when the convention actually took place. Had we known, we certainly would have produced more, but that is not something we (or any company) can predict. We certainly learned some things about how best to handle exclusives from our experiences, but can honestly say we did the best we could given the unexpected mania that we saw in San Diego.

I'm sorry you feel you experienced what you described, Tom, but it is simply not true that ANYONE at Acme enjoyed turning people away or made fun of anyone or told anyone to get lost. I was there the ENTIRE time and know who else was there and NONE of us did such things. As those of you who frequent Rebelscum and other forums know, I make myself available to our fans and collectors all the time; we put forth a lot of effort to make sure our customers get heard and we clearly care a great deal about making people happy that are interested in our products. We simply did not act any way other than sorry at Comic-Con when it came to people not being able to get things they wanted. Again, sorry you were disappointed and felt the way you did, Tom.

-Chris

----------------------------
www.AcmeArchivesDirect.com

Thanks for posting, Morly. I tried to get Sidious for three days in a row. I failed the first two days (and I was hauling a$$)... but never did I witness Chris or anyone else at ACME gloat or laugh at people. I'm not calling Tom (who I respect a lot as a collector and forum pal) a liar here... just relaying my personal experience.

Having "known" Morly here for a couple years now (first met the ACME guys in 2005 at SDCC when I got my Grievous key) I can say that he is someone who really cares about us as fans/collectors and is a huge fan of Star Wars. I'm proud to give him and Sean my cash for what I think are fun and quality products.

Getting the Sidious key wasn't really fun in all honesty... but again, as per the post above... ACME has learned a lot from the past. They've earned my respect!

Plus, I know if I mouth off to Morly in these forums... he'll come to my house and beat on me... since he has my address and I live too close for comfort! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

swabie2424 said:
Thanks for posting, Morly. I tried to get Sidious for three days in a row. I failed the first two days (and I was hauling a$$)... but never did I witness Chris or anyone else at ACME gloat or laugh at people. I'm not calling Tom (who I respect a lot as a collector and forum pal) a liar here... just relaying my personal experience.

Having "known" Morly here for a couple years now (first met the ACME guys in 2005 at SDCC when I got my Grievous key) I can say that he is someone who really cares about us as fans/collectors and is a huge fan of Star Wars. I'm proud to give him and Sean my cash for what I think are fun and quality products.

Getting the Sidious key wasn't really fun in all honesty... but again, as per the post above... ACME has learned a lot from the past. They've earned my respect!

Plus, I know if I mouth off to Morly in these forums... he'll come to my house and beat on me... since he has my address and I live too close for comfort! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

And, just to be clear, I'm not calling Tom a liar either as he obviously had a bad experience and I am truly sorry about that, but I can say with absolute certainty that no one from Acme was happy about the situation at Comic-Con and there certainly was not any gloating or rudeness about it. We definitely had to disappoint some people by sticking to the rules we had established (there was no other way to make it fair) and I know that sucks when you really want a product (believe me, I've been on the other end of it, too!), but, again, I think we learned a lot from that and hopefully can avoid such situations in the future.

That's enough out of you, Swabie!! One more outburst like that and I'm starting up the car, getting your address from the Acme order records and heading over!!! :D

Morly! Thanks for chiming in, I too was pretty upset at the Sidious blunder at SDCC last year. That was the ONE Exclusive I wanted from Con last year and missed it every day!!! But I do enjoy what you guys are offering...

Thanks!

you mean ACME makes more than anvils and dynamite......who woulda thunk it.

Vader AL said:
you mean ACME makes more than anvils and dynamite......who woulda thunk it.

We first branched out into making Acme Birdseed and Acme Earthquake Pills, but then decided that character keys and other fine art was the logical next step...

:D

Morly said:
And, just to be clear, I'm not calling Tom a liar either as he obviously had a bad experience and I am truly sorry about that, but I can say with absolute certainty that no one from Acme was happy about the situation at Comic-Con and there certainly was not any gloating or rudeness about it. We definitely had to disappoint some people by sticking to the rules we had established (there was no other way to make it fair) and I know that sucks when you really want a product (believe me, I've been on the other end of it, too!), but, again, I think we learned a lot from that and hopefully can avoid such situations in the future.

That's enough out of you, Swabie!! One more outburst like that and I'm starting up the car, getting your address from the Acme order records and heading over!!! :D

Glad to see you posting hear Morly. I know you post regularly on some other forums and it is nice to have you hear as well. I love the character keys and they are one of my favorite lines to collect. I stopped by the Acme booth the last summer at SDCC and you guys were nice enough to find matching numbers of the Light of Jedi, and Shadow of the Sith prints and I really appreciated that.

Can we expect many more Clone Wars Giclees or will this line be winding down as well?

Gran3131 said:
Glad to see you posting hear Morly. I know you post regularly on some other forums and it is nice to have you hear as well. I love the character keys and they are one of my favorite lines to collect. I stopped by the Acme booth the last summer at SDCC and you guys were nice enough to find matching numbers of the Light of Jedi, and Shadow of the Sith prints and I really appreciated that.

Can we expect many more Clone Wars Giclees or will this line be winding down as well?

The Women of the Clone Wars giclee is probably the last one for the animated series. Again, as others have said, Lucasfilm wants everyone to wind down on the animated CW so as to get ready for the CG series next year. No worries though, we already have several giclees in the works for the rest of the Lucas universe, so there will be more to pick up!

Thanks for the kind words and the support!

-----------------------------

Morly said:
The Women of the Clone Wars giclee is probably the last one for the animated series. Again, as others have said, Lucasfilm wants everyone to wind down on the animated CW so as to get ready for the CG series next year. No worries though, we already have several giclees in the works for the rest of the Lucas universe, so there will be more to pick up!

Thanks for the info Morly. It's really nice having someone here willing to share information. I'm going to miss the giclees from the original CW but look forward to having more stuff to by with the CG series next year :monkey1

I would never buy Leia but if they made a cool looking Darth Vader I would consider it. I really don't care if these are made even though the characters were never animated.. if people like them more power to them... no skin off my nose.

I hear ya. I like them so I'm gonna get a few. Doesn't make any kind of issues with me that the OT or PT wasn't animated.

Morly said:

You know, I might have been a little hasty in my answer here. I totally forgot about a piece that we are considering, which may be released around C4 time. Not sure it'll happen, but quite possibly. I'll try to keep everyone informed about it!

-Chris

Back