Slave Leia Character Key

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MaulFan said:
I would order it, BUT, I couldn't look my girlfriend in the eye and give her a legitimate reason to own it other than that the Slave Leia look is hot, and despite it being a cartoon, I'd want it just cuz it's the look and it'd remind me of Carrie looking hot dressed that way back in '83, and that just wouldn't fly with the little lady.

Do what I did and kill two birds with one stone: https://www.leiasmetalbikini.com

If you're one of the lucky ones to get your woman to agree to wear the actual costume, she'll be more tolerant of the collectibles.

It's win-win. ;)

:chew

jlcmsu said:
Don't tempt me. I just might break. Been trying to hold off on this one. lol

A REAL sideshow super fan would get her. I heard that people that don't get her will be found by jack bauer and not given any mercy...

traitevache.jpg

congerking said:
A REAL sideshow super fan would get her. I heard that people that don't get her will be found by jack bauer and not given any mercy...

I will probably order her when I get home from basketball practice. Might as well get her since I've already got the other two on order. :lol

IrishJedi said:
Really? Do tell.

Acme botched the whole Sidious one at SDCC. It only had an ES of 500 and it was sold on a first come/first served basis and something like 50/100 a day during the event.. A total disaster for those wanting it.

tomandshell said:
I had a bad experience with Acme at SDCC and I will not be buying any of their products.

Until they do a Fett Character Key :lol

And you know they will at some point.

I don't fault them for having a low run on a show exclusive. It's the way that they treat the fans and potential customers that are waiting in line to buy it that matters--don't bring employees to a fan convention who look upon their customers with a smug sense of derision. The Sideshow booth was just as busy and hectic (a lot more, actually) and I'm sure the employees were stressed, but I didn't see any of them making fun of the fans, laughing in their faces, and telling them to get lost. The Acme folks really enjoyed turning people away empty handed and frustrated, and it showed. I'm glad they found our disappointment so richly entertaining.

Darth Loki said:
Until they do a Fett Character Key :lol

And you know they will at some point.

I promise that I will not buy that.

(But I have a feeling that my wife will...)

This looks nice, but it's a pointless product since an animated Leia never existed. Just my two cents.

Actually, I don't understand these arguments against it at all! If a collectible looks nice and someone finds it appealing, why does it have to have existed in some previous format? If that were the case, then does that mean we should never have gotten any 3D representations of characters like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, or any comic book hero (non movie versions) because they never existed for real and have only ever existed as 2D drawings? Should companies not create their own non-licensed products because there is no subject matter previously to draw from? Why can't it just be considered a reproduction of a "piece of art" just like prints made from an Alan Lee original? Really, such closed minds from so many of you really makes me shake my head in disbelief!

lcummins said:
Actually, I don't understand these arguments against it at all! If a collectible looks nice and someone finds it appealing, why does it have to have existed in some previous format? If that were the case, then does that mean we should never have gotten any 3D representations of characters like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, or any comic book hero (non movie versions) because they never existed for real and have only ever existed as 2D drawings? Should companies not create their own non-licensed products because there is no subject matter previously to draw from? Why can't it just be considered a reproduction of a "piece of art" just like prints made from an Alan Lee original? Really, such closed minds from so many of you really makes me shake my head in disbelief!

I agree with Lonnie. I'm a big fan of the character keys and of ACME. Sean and Chris over at ACME are two of the nicest people in this business... and they are HUGE Star Wars fans! I think the Leia key is coolio, and I ordered one right off the bat. ACME offers free shipping too - very nice.

As far as SDCC, they certainly underestimated the demand for Sidious. It was very difficult to get this item (I did get one)... but a ton ended up on ebay... which is a shame. Their booth was a madhouse! People running and pushing. Kinda rough. I personally never saw the ACME staff laughing at people and stuff... but as tom attests to it... it must have.

I'm going to try and invite Chris (aka Morly) from ACME over here to discuss....

lcummins said:

Lonnie, I think some of us feel that companies just make up new ideas and ways to get suckers like us to spend more money on new representations of characters that have been done 10,000 already.

The animated maquettes are great for the CW characters because the CW were animated. They are just making the new OT animated maquettes to milk more money out of their SW liscence. I'm sure there are many that like these, and they will continue to make them becuase they sell, because it's SW. But just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should.

I invited Chris from ACME over here. He's at NYCC this weekend... so it may take him a few days to get my message.

I think it's all about FUN! All this is ficiton! If a collector thinks the animated maquettes and or keys are fun... buy 'em. If not... don't. No one is twisting your arm. People who think things like this wreck the "integrity" of Star Wars are a bit too "purist" for my tastes.

Is Star Wars being milked as a license? Uhm... yup! And I'm loving every freaking minute of it! Woot!

swabie2424 said:
I invited Chris from ACME over here. He's at NYCC this weekend... so it may take him a few days to get my message.

I think it's all about FUN! All this is ficiton! If a collector thinks the animated maquettes and or keys are fun... buy 'em. If not... don't. No one is twisting your arm. People who think things like this wreck the "integrity" of Star Wars are a bit too "purist" for my tastes.

Is Star Wars being milked as a license? Uhm... yup! And I'm loving every freaking minute of it! Woot!

What he said! :mwaha

If you like it... buy it! If you don't... don't! But I don't think this product is "milking the license" any more than any collectible made for any license does. By definition, most collectibles are made purely to make money! Period!

I have a feeling this year we will see the largest selection of Star Wars products ever announced in a single year. :monkey1

Back