Slave Leia Character Key

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting.

Acme%20Archives%20OTC%20Slave%20Leia%20Character%20Key%20Pic.jpg

Saw this earlier today on his site. Could care less. SW was never animated except for the CW and that's the only Character Keys and animated maquettes we should be getting.

Darth Loki said:
SW was never animated except for the CW.

Well, except for the Holiday Special Fett thing, Droids and Ewoks. ;) But we know what you mean. This is overkill of the highest order.

Darth Loki said:
Saw this earlier today on his site. Could care less. SW was never animated except for the CW and that's the only Character Keys and animated maquettes we should be getting.

shouldn't that be couldn't? :D :D

anyways, I was merely pointing this out the collectors of this series as the es is 250 lower than usual and is an OT character

Honestly, I don't mind. I know the OT and PT stuff wasn't animated but I will get some of them just because they look cool. I have R2 and 3PO on order and have thought about this one but I will pass on it.

I just think the notion of having a Character Key or Animation Cel for a cartoon/character that never even existed is beyond hilarious. It's worse than milking the cow for all it's worth... it's more like milking a bull. :monkey5

Oh, wait... that reminds me of that scene from "Kingpin". :monkey4

IrishJedi said:
Well, except for the Holiday Special Fett thing, Droids and Ewoks. ;) But we know what you mean. This is overkill of the highest order.

I agree 100%. It just goes to show that you can make anything SW and people will buy it.

Darth Loki said:
I agree 100%. It just goes to show that you can make anything SW and people will buy it.
Well, there are unfortunately FAR too many examples of that now. For the record, I do think these character key cels are neat (I have the CW ones), but too many SW collectors are gullible and/or completists on principle. They'll buy these regardless. LFL and the licensees have many collectors by the cajones... and they know and exploit it.

And I can make that observation, because I used to be one of them. I'm kinda like a sponsor you might find at a 12-step meeting now. :lol

I don't get the big deal with these. Again, the PT/OT did not end up animated as far as a cartoon but these are cool guys. These things aren't bad items.

jlcmsu said:
I don't get the big deal with these. Again, the PT/OT did not end up animated as far as a cartoon but these are cool guys. These things aren't bad items.
Oh, I'm not saying they're bad items at all. They're rather neat. But they do also represent the exploitative nature of the SW brand these days. They are contrived Character Animation cels for a non-existent animated character. Almost all of the licensees will think of ANYTHING to continue selling more and more product to collectors... and many collectors continue to happily BUY no matter what.

But, hey, this is Capitalist Economy 101 so good for them.

IrishJedi said:
Oh, I'm not saying they're bad items at all. They're rather neat. But they do also represent the exploitative nature of the SW brand these days. Almost all of the licensees will think of ANYTHING to continue selling more and more product to collectors... and many collectors continue to happily BUY no matter what.

I guess to a degree they represent that. However, I don't have a problem with them doing these as I said. I thought when I saw the CW ones how much I'd like to see some of the OT/PT done this ways because I really think these Keys. If someone likes it then I don't have a problem with them making the items.

Oh, I wish they would have made actual cartoons in this style set during both the PT and OT, too. Instead, we're getting CLONE WARS all over again in a completely different style and tone (which means collectors will buy all this stuff again in the new designs :lol).

Hey, 1000 posts!!! I'm catching up with you Josh! :lol :rotfl :lol

That would have been cool if they had. Maybe Lucas will go back and do that now. Wouldn't suprise me if he did. :lol I don't get doing the CW all over again myself.

Congrats on 1k and someday you too can have as little a life as I do and get to 20k. :lol

IrishJedi said:
Oh, I'm not saying they're bad items at all. They're rather neat. But they do also represent the exploitative nature of the SW brand these days. They are contrived Character Animation cels for a non-existent animated character. Almost all of the licensees will think of ANYTHING to continue selling more and more product to collectors... and many collectors continue to happily BUY no matter what.

The thing of it is, the blame solely falls on the collectors, products won't survive without interest and an ROI for the manufacturer. I imagine a fair ammount of people buying these items genuinely like the piece for what it is, not just that it's a new Star Wars item. I admit I buy A LOT of Star Wars stuff, but I also pass on a great deal because I have certain things I love and that interest me. I won't argue that increasing capital wouldn't be part of the decision behind some of these very "unique" items, but at the same time, you take a gamble producing the first few so there's got to be a basis of what collectors could be interested in owning to drive that as well, they could probably think up hundreds of random products just to rake in money, but if they're poorly thought out or something that would never catch with collectors, then you've got a dud.

I loved the original CW series, but there's a great deal more that could be told there, the first series made a huge leap from spiked hair Padawan Anakin to long haired, scarface Jedi Knight Anakin and both ""seasons"" were short time frames of a day or two and the Clone Wars waged for 3 years so there's a great deal of adventures to explort their without redoing previous storyies.

jlcmsu said:
Honestly, I don't mind. I know the OT and PT stuff wasn't animated but I will get some of them just because they look cool. I have R2 and 3PO on order and have thought about this one but I will pass on it.

NOOOOO. If you got R2 and CPO, you might as well you leia. You know you want to.....So far, and I the only one who is goign to order her???

I would order it, BUT, I couldn't look my girlfriend in the eye and give her a legitimate reason to own it other than that the Slave Leia look is hot, and despite it being a cartoon, I'd want it just cuz it's the look and it'd remind me of Carrie looking hot dressed that way back in '83, and that just wouldn't fly with the little lady.

congerking said:
NOOOOO. If you got R2 and CPO, you might as well you leia. You know you want to.....So far, and I the only one who is goign to order her???

Don't tempt me. I just might break. Been trying to hold off on this one. lol

Back