Skyfall (aka Bond 23)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really want to see Nolan do a Bond flick? Why? You don't seem to care much for Bond. So why have your favorite director direct something you don't have a passion for?

I like James Bond and I love the direction the series has taken with Craig in the starring role. The series has never been better in my eyes and it achieved that without Nolan. I'd like Nolan to find something ORIGINAL to do. I want another "Inception" or "Memento." Would I be against him doing Bond? Of course not. But I'd be more excited for something new and different. Unless it's that Howard Hughes biopic. That doesn't interest me.

I'd like to see him do both, actually. After Skyfall I'm starting to see what the fuss is about with respect to Bond :lol.

I would take an original Nolan film over Bond though.

Last edited:
I want to see Nolan take on a realistic interpretation of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I think he could do the series justice with a grounded approach.

Nolan should do a SilverHawks film. Decaprio should play Quicksilver, who is haunted by the loss of Steelheart. Make it gritty and real, and four hours long.

Nolan should do a SilverHawks film. Decaprio should play Quicksilver, who is haunted by the loss of Steelheart. Make it gritty and real, and four hours long.

It would make more money than The Avengers. :lecture

And hell, He-Man too.

I'd love to see his artistic changes to Skeletor.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't know what you're asking for. You want to see this downward spiral into the crap Connery's and Brosnan's did? Or like Moore's entire run was? What does classic Bond mean? Wasn't this one "classic Bond?" It had all the essential elements included without the camp and crap too many of these are plagued with.

I want to see a return to Fleming's stories. The actual movies didn't adapt them faithfully and I'm sure there is enough material left over to use within these films. I'm not asking for a direct adaptation, but having some real Bond moments pop up that we haven't seen yet would be cool.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Like you I'd also love to see re-tellings of the books but following the stories closer.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Like you I'd also love to see re-tellings of the books but following the stories closer.

Yep, I reckon they're going to remake Dr No next.

You really want to see Nolan do a Bond flick? Why? You don't seem to care much for Bond. So why have your favorite director direct something you don't have a passion for?

I like James Bond and I love the direction the series has taken with Craig in the starring role. The series has never been better in my eyes and it achieved that without Nolan. I'd like Nolan to find something ORIGINAL to do. I want another "Inception" or "Memento." Would I be against him doing Bond? Of course not. But I'd be more excited for something new and different. Unless it's that Howard Hughes biopic. That doesn't interest me.

He's been ripping off Bond all this time for just about all his films, toss him a bone. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly::lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Gotchya. Totally agree with you!

I want those giant villain lairs, and incredible set design.

You Only Live Twice is still impressive in terms of sets.

No more love for Bond?

No. People love it too much to ***** and moan about it for months on end like they have been with TDKR and Prometheus. :lol

Any word when this comes out on Bluray? Amazon has it available for preorder already and I noticed the Bluray Boxset of the Bond Collection has an open slot for Skyfall.

Back