Skinner!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would actually like to see a new Mulder and Sculley pair. The current ones just don't resemble them well enough for me to make a purchase.

You would think that Chris Carter would've approved the script; so if it's inaccurate, then Carter forgot about the Apocrypha episode too. It sounds like an awful mess that needs to be answered (maybe in the next move), I hate that the X-Files went off the air with so many unanswered questions and no closure.

Most shows have what is called a "bible", it's a resource for the writers so stuff like that doesn't happen. For example, when Mulder is revealed to be red-green colorblind in "Wetwired", that bit of information would go into the "bible" and future writers would know not to have Mulder seeing colors he shouldn't be seeing in a later episode. Unfortunately, with "The X-Files" there were plenty of these continuity slipups because Chris Carter reportedly refused to use a bible on his shows. There are major contradictions, from major stories like the abduction of Samantha to minor stories like how Scully got her cross, and it's really hard to argue that Chris Carter wasn't just making it all up as he went along.

Hmmmm, kind of sounds like the same way they know how much Buffy fans have wanted Giles "next" for the last few years. What they know and what we get? Two very different things.

I still maintain that Sideshow knows what the fans want, but people that wouldn't necessarily fall into the "fan" category buy figures. When the "Home" Mulder and Autopsy Scully came out, it was said that they want to have a Mulder & Scully available at all times. The same goes for Buffy and James Bond and any other line, really. With this particular line, they seem to be catering to both sets: die-hard fans and those with casual interest. A new Mulder will appeal to someone with casual interest (and a completist fan) but a figure of Mr. X, Deep Throat or the Alien Bounty Hunter will appeal to a fan only. Therein lies my point about the Lone Gunmen. When it comes time to release the secondary character(s) to the fanbase, the Lone Gunmen are the most obvious contenders. They each appeared in 33-38 episodes over the course of all 9 seasons, plus they appeared in 13 episodes of their own series plus the movie. Deep Throat only lasted one season (plus a couple later appearances), Mr. X lasted just over two (once again, he appeared twice more), and while ABH's appearanced in every season from 2-8, it was still a pretty small number in comparison to the Lone Gunmen.

And if speaking of fan base How would you sell them? A three pack. It seems to offer the same selling dilemma as the 3 Ape-o-nauts did.

I personally think a three-pack would be the only way to go. I'm the kind of guy that was sorta bothered by having 2 Doggetts on my shelf while Mulder & Scully only had one figure each, and I'd love it if everyone that bought ONE Lone Gunmen figure would buy all three, but I know that Langly would probably sell the most, Frohike would sell almost as well and poor Byers (my favorite) would trail by quite a bit because of his normal appearance. I paid around $75 for the Taylor & Nova 2-pack, and based on that I think that $90-100 would be a good price for a three-pack. They could skimp on the accessories, just throw in the laptop that Skinner comes with, and Frohike would obviously need to use a smaller body anyway.

JustinLuck said:
I would actually like to see a new Mulder and Sculley pair. The current ones just don't resemble them well enough for me to make a purchase.

i think if you saw them in person, you'd change your mind. i've got all 4 of them in front of me as i type, and they are really quite nice. the problems, like shiny hair, you've noted in the past just aren't apparent when seen in person.

Bonehead15 said:
The low quanity alert is up for Skinner.

Looks like about only 70 are left. :horror

If you want one act fast.

how long has it taken to sell 430 skinner figures? he seems like he's been on sale for at least 2 months. i'm glad this figure is being made, but it's a bad sign for future x files figures.

captain sack said:
how long has it taken to sell 430 skinner figures? he seems like he's been on sale for at least 2 months. i'm glad this figure is being made, but it's a bad sign for future x files figures.

Skinner was announced in the 12/30/05 newsletter, so it's been more like one month since it went on sale. It may not be selling lightning-fast like a Star Wars or Lord of the Rings figure, but at least it is selling. I really hope this will be enough for Sideshow to justify producing more low-edition exclusives for this line.

XPhile said:
Skinner was announced in the 12/30/05 newsletter, so it's been more like one month since it went on sale. It may not be selling lightning-fast like a Star Wars or Lord of the Rings figure, but at least it is selling. I really hope this will be enough for Sideshow to justify producing more low-edition exclusives for this line.

even if they have to up the price to $60, and limit the figures to 500 each, we really need the lone gunmen, monica reyes and the alien bounty hunter.:banana

captain sack said:

I took it as a good sign- Krycek went up last May, and he still hasn't sold out. If Skinner sells out in less than two months, that will be a big improvement. I would love to see more in this line! A few more figures need to be released, and then I will take the rest out of their boxes and put a nice display together.

Back