Skinner!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dr2red said:
Maybe someone else can find a good site.

Back to an earlier, those look awfully like a pair of Kotobukiya glasses...

https://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Dis=2&MacroType=DolClo&SeriesID=484

... yet when I look at some of the pairs I've used here on various dolls, oops, sorry 'figures', ;) it appears Sideshow have used the smaller pair from the whichever set. As an example of how well larger pairs fit big heads here's Anna wearing a set...

GLASSES.JPG

HLJ & Kotobukiya are the best source of 'civilian' glasses I've found. Otherwise there's Cotswold's eyeglasses (https://www.gijoeelite.com/f_categoryRecord.asp?strPart=GIEA-27N
or trawling the likes of Monkey Depot, Battle Rhino & OpsGear hoping for something suitable parted out there... but sometimes there's not much give in the plastic legs of such pairs and they can snap off if you try to fit them to an 'incompatible' head! :google

Nick

Well, at least we have some options if the SS one stays as is.

Another question for you 1/6 conoisseurs: where is the best place to buy extra clothing, like trenchcoats for example?

I think Skinner would look quite nice with a gray trench. :rock

There's the catch-22. Sideshow makes the best 1:6 trenchcoats I've seen so far. So, if you get one from almost anywhere else, odds are it will have the same problem as the glasses.

OK guys and gals, Skinner is now listed as the #2 most popular product on the Sideshow home page! Keep that ordering up so we can get the Lone Gunmen!!

EDIT: I also noticed that Krycek is at #8. That means the X-Files line currently accounts for 20% of Sideshow's most popular products!!

Last edited:
Thanks, Thamesvalidude.
I would hope for so many of the various X Files characters before wanting the Moe, Larry & Curly of the show. The Gunmen just don't warrant priority treatment over other more major characters.

Ironman1188 said:
Thanks, Thamesvalidude.
I would hope for so many of the various X Files characters before wanting the Moe, Larry & Curly of the show. The Gunmen just don't warrant priority treatment over other more major characters.

The X-Files line could run the risk of all the male character wearing suits. The Lone Gunmen would break that up a bit with some different costumes.

However, Reyes should be first because she is now the only main title credited cast member from the show still without a figure. And it would help the male/female ratio, adding another lady to the line. (Her exclusive should be a cigarette.)

Deep Throat, Mr X, the Alien Bounty Hunter...I'd hope for all of them before considering TLG.
And, I'd sure as hell expect more apes in the POTA line if the Gunmen got made.

The Lone Gunmen are arguably the most popular of the secondary "X-Files" characters. While their spinoff show admittedly didn't last too long, you have to consider the fact that they were the only "X-Files" characters to ever get a spinoff in the first place. They're the ultimate fan-favorite characters and they certainly appeal to the part of the fanbase that buys action figures. Plus, as tomandshell said, their unique visual appearances also mixes things up a bit by offering an alternative to "guys in suits" (though Byers would be in one). I understand that you want to see many characters made before the Lone Gunmen, but I think that the overwhelming majority of the fanbase wants them next and I'm pretty sure Sideshow knows that.

The Lone Gunman have an appeal that's different from the other characters, they're like iconic geeky conspiracy theorist nuts, at least to me. I think they would have as much appeal as Mulder and Scully figures.
But I must reiterate the point, We Need Reyes!
I would also like Deep Throat, Mr X, and the Alien Bounty Hunter.

I hate to bring it up again, but I've been watching some X Files episodes recently, and was surprised to see a very clear depiction of a Gray Alien in the episode Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man. Deep Throat had to plug one in that episode; so Gray Aliens have been quite visible in the X-Files. It's also the same exact episode we get the Cigarette Smoking Man Figure from. :D
But recently having just bought the Frank Black figure, I think we may have already gotten a gray alien. Man did the factory ever screw that one up! :(

screamingmetal said:
I hate to bring it up again, but I've been watching some X Files episodes recently, and was surprised to see a very clear depiction of a Gray Alien in the episode Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man. Deep Throat had to plug one in that episode; so Gray Aliens have been quite visible in the X-Files.QUOTE]

But of course, everything shown in that episode was conjecture on the part of the Lone Gunmen, if I remember correctly. The alien shown was from an imagined flashback. Who's to say what from that episode really happened, or how accurate those flashbacks were...

tomandshell said:
But of course, everything shown in that episode was conjecture on the part of the Lone Gunmen, if I remember correctly. The alien shown was from an imagined flashback. Who's to say what from that episode really happened, or how accurate those flashbacks were...
It was told from the perspective of CSM, he was listening in on their conversation and the flashbacks started after a close up shot of CSM, indicating that it all was from his point af view. I think much of it was X files fact, the only time you see Mulder and Scully was in flashbacks, and Frohike at the end when he goes outside coming into CSM point of view from his Sniper position (I just watched the episode last night, so it's fresh in my memory).
I also found this in Wikipedia:
"Deep Throat himself stated that helping Mulder is his way of clearing his own conscience after having killed an alien." Which was depicted in that episode.

I definitely want a Reyes figure to be made. But I also want to see The Lone Gunmen, X, Deep Throat, the Alien Bounty Hunter, and others. There's not really any particular order I need to see them in. Honestly, I'm just happy when any new character is announced for the line, as opposed to Mulder and Scully rehashes.

It was told from the perspective of CSM, he was listening in on their conversation and the flashbacks started after a close up shot of CSM, indicating that it all was from his point af view. I think much of it was X files fact, the only time you see Mulder and Scully was in flashbacks, and Frohike at the end when he goes outside coming into CSM point of view from his Sniper position (I just watched the episode last night, so it's fresh in my memory).
I also found this in Wikipedia:
"Deep Throat himself stated that helping Mulder is his way of clearing his own conscience after having killed an alien." Which was depicted in that episode.

That episode has officially been acknowledge as not entirely true. Every X-Files fan knows that Glen Morgan and James Wong wrote some of the best episodes ever. They were on the show for the first year and a half, then they left to do "Space: Above and Beyond", and when that was canceled they came back to "The X-Files" in Season 4. It is during this time that they wrote "Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man", which suggests that CSM's career started with the assassination of JFK. That caused problems with the established CSM lore. While Morgan and Wong were gone, an episode called "Apocrypha" established that CSM was already up to his evil ways as early as the 1950's, well before the later "Musings" episode suggests. The reason for this lapse of continuity is that Morgan and Wong simply didn't watch the show when they weren't working on it and they were unaware of what had been established in "Apocrypha". Since the reliability of the accounts in that episode were questioned within the episode itself, Chris Carter quickly used said unreliability of the Lone Gunmen to clear up the inconsistency. So no, the events in that episode aren't completely accurate. There could be some truth to some of them but it's not to be taken as a completely accurate origin of CSM.

GuruAskew said:
The Lone Gunmen are arguably the most popular of the secondary "X-Files" characters. While their spinoff show admittedly didn't last too long, you have to consider the fact that they were the only "X-Files" characters to ever get a spinoff in the first place. They're the ultimate fan-favorite characters and they certainly appeal to the part of the fanbase that buys action figures. Plus, as tomandshell said, their unique visual appearances also mixes things up a bit by offering an alternative to "guys in suits" (though Byers would be in one). I understand that you want to see many characters made before the Lone Gunmen, but I think that the overwhelming majority of the fanbase wants them next and I'm pretty sure Sideshow knows that.

I understand that you want to see many characters made before the Lone Gunmen, but I think that the overwhelming majority of the fanbase wants them next and I'm pretty sure Sideshow knows that
Hmmmm, kind of sounds like the same way they know how much Buffy fans have wanted Giles "next" for the last few years. What they know and what we get? Two very different things. And if speaking of fan base How would you sell them? A three pack. It seems to offer the same selling dilemma as the 3 Ape-o-nauts did.

You would think that Chris Carter would've approved the script; so if it's inaccurate, then Carter forgot about the Apocrypha episode too. It sounds like an awful mess that needs to be answered (maybe in the next move), I hate that the X-Files went off the air with so many unanswered questions and no closure. :confused:

Regardless of the truthfulness or accuracy of that episode, I guess that an alien could always be made as a representation of how it looked in that show. In that case it would be accurate to the alien that we saw then, whether or not they continued to look like that in other episodes.

Back