Skinner!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've been busy Andy! Great works all the way around. I personally you make the best likenesses on Sideshow's figures. Dooley does the best monsters (at least so far).

Happily ordered mine, as well. Any guesses as to what Skinner is holding in his right hand in this picture? It doesn't seem to be any of the listed accesories...

78071_press01-001.jpg

Yeah, it looks awesome Andy! It's definitely the glasses in the preview picture throwing off the likeness. I hope this isn't the last in the X-Files line, there are still a lot of characters to make.
Keep em' coming! :banana

I don't know what that is. The Wallet ID maybe? I just hope he includes his FBI HQ ID so we can hang it on his belt.

He isn't listed with that folder either :confused:

tomandshell said:
The glasses are different (possibly CGI?), and he looks just awesome. Another great likeness by Andy, who seems to be able to do no wrong.

skinner-1.jpg

HOLY CRAP!!!!! Why can't the real one look that killer? :confused: :(

Just an amazing sculpt, Andy. But sometimes I think they are too good to be painted and accessorized. ;)

Well, I will definitely order one, but I will be really disappointed with Sideshow if they don't fix those horrible glasses and the gray hair for the final product.

Well, the glasses are listed as an accessory. I might just display him with the glasses off, or held in his hand, so the awesome sculpt can be better appreciated. I can't let the best likeness in the line be obscured by those glasses.

Andy, please do the Lone Gunmen!

GuruAskew said:
To me, it looks like Skinner is holding the alien artifact from "Biogenesis".

I agree, good call. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

After seeing more pics of Skinner, especially the unpainted one, I think he looks awesome. Another incredible Andy sculpt - Order in!

WOW, I just saw Andy's Skinner! That is amazing resemblance!!! GREAT JOB ANDY!

But Sideshow needs to fix his glasses ASAP. The lenses are too small and too close together and are ruining the beautiful sculpt.

skinner-walter.jpg

78071.jpg

Make the glasses look just like the ones in the pic provided and he will be perfect!!!

tomandshell said:
New QT turnaround up for Skinner. He is one Skinny Skinner!

Skinner was pretty buff too. He's wide in the chest and back though, so it looks good.

I also noticed in the QT vid he is not all grey haired. The back looks dark. Perhaps they were going for the grey around the temples and took it a little too far?

Wow, the figure in 360 does look pretty skinny... In the tv series, the actor was noticeably buff, so maybe the figure deserves the largest body Sideshow offers.

You're right. Mitch Pileggi was always almost bursting out of his dress shirts, LOL.

And what was great about it was that it upped the ante in terms of tension, because although he was one of the heroic characters on the show, his hands were constantly tied (as he would frequently say) and that he never looked especially comfortable in any of his formal wear was perfect for his character.

You want to reach through the screen and loosen his tie and top button for him, LOL, and for me it always helped add to his level of discomfort.

As for the figure . . . well, to me unless there are multiple layers of clothes (like with Aragorn, or trenchcoats, etc.) the Sideshow bodies have always looked really skinny to me, so that's really nothing new.

And yeah, the hair's still way too gray, and the glasses still suck, but I'm still stoked! :joy

If Skinner still comes with the crappy glasses
where would one find a replacement pair
that is more suitable?

dr2red said:
If Skinner still comes with the crappy glasses
where would one find a replacement pair
that is more suitable?

I was wondering the same thing. Somebody track some down and give us the info! This will be the first time I have had to improve upon a Sideshow piece, but those glasses simply don't work.

Well I have been checking out the net and I can only find
military style accessories. No eyeglasses at all.

Maybe someone else can find a good site.

Back