Skiman's 1:6 Sgt. Slaughter Re-Enlistment (commission)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my slaughter head and did a little work to my work-in-progress. He's kneeling because he has no feet/boots, working on those next. Still need to figure out how to do the GIJoe logo & RWB stripes down the legs, figure out a way to make his hat brown, red wristbands, and possibly a better solution to the USA on his chest.. Anyone have any ideas?

slaughter2.jpg

slaughter3.jpg

USA looks decent. The stripes you can paint on using masking tape as stencil. Drill the neck hole a bit wider so the head sits lower on the neck.

Great start!

Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm always open to suggestions. The head is currently just sitting on top the neck and twisted on slightly to keep it from falling off. I will probably try to hollow out the head a bit more and see if that helps.

Got my slaughter head and did a little work to my work-in-progress. He's kneeling because he has no feet/boots, working on those next. Still need to figure out how to do the GIJoe logo & RWB stripes down the legs, figure out a way to make his hat brown, red wristbands, and possibly a better solution to the USA on his chest.. Anyone have any ideas?

slaughter2.jpg

slaughter3.jpg

The five most glaring issues are:

1) Neck is too long. One of the reasons I went with a Barney over T-800. Barney's neck is more realistically shorter and heads sit better on it.

2) Small hands. The blade gloves, in comparison with the arms, look really tiny. Almost like he has women's hands. Maybe find some bigger gloves that give him a nice set of sledgehammers.

3) The pants. I'd try and find some elastic pants to replace them as the slacks just look weird with the rest of the outfit.

4) The shirt. I'd add a hem to the neck cut on the T-shirt. Not only will it look more finished, but without it, over time the shirt's only gonna unweave. As for the USA, it looks sharp!

5) The whistle choker. The string needs to be long enough to where he can lift it to his mouth and blow the whistle. I'd drop it down to at least mid-pectoral like the OG figure if not all the way down to the solar plexus.

Totally agree with Nam. All those things will make your Slaughter look perfect. I would add one suggestion: you could use Cobra Trooper gloves, since the SS hands are bigger than Hot Toys hands.

Thanks for all the advice guys! I'll definitely take everything into consideration! The pants aren't slacks, they are these https://www.toyanxiety.com/stefansnasse-uniform.aspx with the pocket things removed. They were the best black pants I could find at the time with the least pockets. As for the hands, they were the only all black extra hands I had, tho now I have a Cobra Sniper so I might snag a set of his extra hands and see if they look better. I'll have to see if I can find an extra Barney Ross for the body, dont want to use the one off my Barney because I been kicking around the idea of making customs of Dolf, Stathan, Li, and Mickey to go with him..

Thanks for all the advice guys! I'll definitely take everything into consideration! The pants aren't slacks, they are these https://www.toyanxiety.com/stefansnasse-uniform.aspx with the pocket things removed. They were the best black pants I could find at the time with the least pockets. As for the hands, they were the only all black extra hands I had, tho now I have a Cobra Sniper so I might snag a set of his extra hands and see if they look better. I'll have to see if I can find an extra Barney Ross for the body, dont want to use the one off my Barney because I been kicking around the idea of making customs of Dolf, Stathan, Li, and Mickey to go with him..

Might wanna pop in the Trade threads and see if there isn't someone willing to trade a T-800 for a Barney. All that'll cost is shipping. If you're not dead set on the pants, you might be able to find some Hasbro elastic pants that'll work a lot better. They'll be shorter in the legs by a bit but if you're gonna go with the wrestling boots like the OG figure, they'll more than compensate for the gap.

Thanks Nam but I don't want to give up my T800 body, i have everything that goes to it and i'll reassemble Arnold rather than trade it off. I have the T2 Arnold too so I didn't mind stripping down the T1 for Sarge. There are some shops around me that seem to have HT figs in stock longer than the internet stores, i'll check those out, probably still be able to snag one for retail. Question on the tats, i think i read somewhere that they come off with rubbing alcohol, that correct? And if so, what method would be used to safely remove them? My guess would be cotton swab and gentle pressure? Curious as I don't want to ruin the body..

Back