SKAAR, Son of Hulk, 1/4 scale!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of you guys are high rollers. It's gotten to that point in the game where there is just too much stuff coming out.

The "Son of Hulk" just doesn't make the cut in my book. I don't care how nicely sculpted he is or how Hulkie the Barbarian decked out he is with swords/axes/whatever. I know some of you guys want to re-live the good old days of the classic Marvel pieces skyrocketing in price, but with ebay fees and fake sell outs from Sideshow it's a tougher game to play.

I'm not playing any game, I simply am buying 1 and that 1 is to keep. However seeing it go up in value doesn't hurt in case I do have to sell it one day. For those buying a couple in order to sell one later one is a gamble, that sometimes pays off. I do agree with you that knockoff's are hurting the market. Especially the Hulk PF that has been copied and sold over and over by many Chinese companies.

500 persons buy this pfs and in this post we are around 50,we represent people sensible, sensitive and responsible seriously I think we're all crazy collectors
French-Funny-Baby-Picture.jpg

Some of you guys are high rollers. It's gotten to that point in the game where there is just too much stuff coming out.

The "Son of Hulk" just doesn't make the cut in my book. I don't care how nicely sculpted he is or how Hulkie the Barbarian decked out he is with swords/axes/whatever. I know some of you guys want to re-live the good old days of the classic Marvel pieces skyrocketing in price, but with ebay fees and fake sell outs from Sideshow it's a tougher game to play.

i dont think anyone who bought here is looking to flip (well most of us anyway), but that doesnt mean we dont care about the price. Having high value statues in your collection is definitely part of the hobby, it's just not that interesting or "cool" if your collections are a bunch of stuff worth $30 each..at least not for me.

And you are wrong about the character rank being a priority, definitely popular characters have higher demand but they usually also have much higher ES.

I think the brand is important(SS being tier 1), but most important is the sculpt/pose/paint quality/included exclusive items. And skaar is definitely one of the top statues SS made in recent memory compare to all the average marvel stuff they been pumping out. Another example is darkchylde anniversary edition, it is by far not a popular character compared to marvel but sold very well because of the sculpt and pose.

of course noone can say the final word until we have it in our hand, but the pictures so far looks outstanding.

I've never seem or heard of a knock off Hulk PF ever? I have seen a mini version fully sculpted. Maybe your thinking of Hulk VS Spidey Diorama Supes?

ordered this last night, the sculpt seems to be really good on the pics which usually means to me that in person is going to be excellent.

Flipping statues is too hard IMO, packaging has to be excellent and thsheer weight really pushes prices up, shippin internationally would be very difficult.

I have maybe 2 statues i'd sell and i'd only ship to the UK.

grail? idk, term gets thrown around way too much imo but it's possible. it is a big, heavy piece of a bad ass looking character who is the son of the coolest character in comics = win...gonna be sought after down the road i think with a lot of people saying, "omg it's amazing why didn't i order it?"

:exactly::goodpost:

i wish that were true but it states quite clearly to check the i understand box and that you will be changed in 24-48 hours

it doesnt say only if your WL converts

They won't charge you until it converts and they will email you before it is going to convert, so if you wanted to cancel it you still could with no penalty. I had Rogue EX on wait list and I didn't get charged the NRD until it converted

OMG I just read that the Skaar PF weighs 14kgs thats more than my three year old son!! Its going to cost an absolute fortune to ship to the UK isn't it??? Anyone from the UK order from SS before on something that heavy? Does it cost a bomb??

I come from Cyprus and i have the same worries too. I have the Kratos statue which is smaller and much lighter and cost around $60 to ship. I actually send SS a query on aprox. international shipping to see the costs. I wouldnt be suprised if they ask over $100....:(

Back