SIXTHSCALE Wants You! (Now taking submissions for volumes 3 and 4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixthscalemagazine

Super Freak
Reaction score
SIXTHSCALE (preview pics added )

Hey Guys,

SIXTHSCALE is currently seeking content submissions for our third and fourth books.

If you always wanted to see your work Published in print form, now is your opportunity.

You can view our Submission guidelines at:

https://sixthscale.spruz.net/?display=924345

All submissions should be emailed to: [email protected]

If we publish your article or photo spread, You will receive a free copy of the book containing your work.

please read submission guidelines before submitting content.

All genre's of figures, vehicles, and dioramas are welcome...

We are also seeking customizing tutorials of all kinds for a special project...

Deadline for volume 4 submissions is June 30, 2009

Thanks,
Terry Rosler
SIXTHSCALE

Last edited:
cover3stare.jpg

looks like photography is a big part of submissions...............correct me if i'm wrong......:confused:

looks like photography is a big part of submissions...............correct me if i'm wrong......:confused:

Well good photography certainly helps.... but it's really the quality of the work itself that we are looking for.

It goes both ways though... High quality photography is going to make a good figure look great and a truly great figure makes the pictures look better simply by being in them...

It also depends on what the article is about...

A How-to tutorial about diorama building really doesn't necessarily need fantastic pictures to get it's point across... as long as they are reasonably clear enough to illustrate the steps involved in the tutorial...

on the other hand a photo spread showcasing a figure as art work with little or no "how i did it" text accompanying it probably should have some pretty good photo work in a fairly high resolution in order to get it's point across...

we have been blessed to receive some truly fantastic submissions that showcase some excellent photographic and customizing skills...

however professional level photo taking skills aren't necessarily a prerequisite for getting your stuff published...

i hope that helped to answer your question...

Auret, love the mag. Will keep sending pix as projects are done. I want to do up a Fugly scarecrow to go with the Winchesters.

Also, my nieces 13 & 5 yrs are doing customs. Hate to say it be the older ones L from Death Note manages to slaughter mine. She's pinned the flesh tone down, also think its a chick & make up thing that's workin for her abilities. The 5 yr old did one of herself in anime style & will be doing couple more, an anime cat & angel.

Auret, keep up the great work

Are there any other ideas for articles you would like people to work on? Any suggestions? I'd love to help out in any way. Want to give back to a cimunity that has been astoundingly supportive

Last edited:
I just noticed that the Publisher has made the first two books available at amazon.com...

which is somewhat strange since i didn't authorize them to do so...

it's awesome to see them there though...

if anybody has been waiting to pick them up... i believe that the shipping is a fair amount lower there than it is through the publisher's webstore...

just type "sixthscale" into amazon's search box...

anyone considering it should probably hold off on buying it from amazon for a little while...

for some strange reason the price has gone up $10 on amazon since this afternoon...

either Lulu or amazon is screwing with the price for some reason... because i certainly didn't authorize that... heck i didn't even authorize the amazon sales in the first place...

the prices in the lulu store are still normal though....

i'm attempting to figure out wtf is going on with the amazon situation....

aaarrrgghh....

i just found this coupon code on lulu's site...

hp1_en_memday.gif

should help defray the costs a little bit for anyone wanting to order...

looks like the sale starts tomorrow...

Amazon pricing problem has been fixed.

the prices on amazon.com now match the prices in the Lulu store...

except the shipping on amazon should be way lower....

hope that helps some people who were being given insane shipping estimates on Lulu...

Back