silver surfer comiquette!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been said before but you have to see it in person it is amazing. It will become a classic like Thor and captain America

I'm with you on this. The lack of excitement over this piece boggles my mind. This isn't another Namor...it's up there with some of the best in the entire line.

r6yc5x.jpg

Hell, I even like the power cosmic arms. Initially I thought they looked goofy, but in person they are slightly transparent and look awesome IMO.

2rm8v10.jpg

Emo Surfer face FTW.

6efc5l.jpg

11b573n.jpg

2po169z.jpg

Pics are simply amazing....I don't understand how any Silver Surfer fan can't like this piece after seeing these pics......Maybe some folks simply need to see it in person?...I don't know....Congratulations to everyone who picked this up.

I think that there may be some empty wallets pushing minds to find faults with it.

"I can't afford it" therefore "I think its lacking so I don't want it".

Its always good to claim you don't like something when the truth is you can't afford it. And I think alot of that type of thinking happens subconsciously.

I think that there may be some empty wallets pushing minds to find faults with it.

"I can't afford it" therefore "I think its lacking so I don't want it".

Its always good to claim you don't like something when the truth is you can't afford it. And I think alot of that type of thinking happens subconsciously.

At least for me it wasn't about not being able to afford it. The sculptor does some good work, but I was never a fan of his sculpting style (Mary Jane,Namor,Thing,etc). Sort of like your favorite comic book artists. I never liked the statue from the start, but if someone thinks this statue is awesome good for them.

At least for me it wasn't about not being able to afford it. The sculptor does some good work, but I was never a fan of his sculpting style (Mary Jane,Namor,Thing,etc). Sort of like your favorite comic book artists. I never liked the statue from the start, but if someone thinks this statue is awesome good for them.

Yeah, I have that same problem. I'm just not a big fan of Tony C's work. His faces always seem off to me. I did pick this up. The pose is actually pretty cool. I just don't like any of the 3 heads.

I have been on the fence about this one back and forth about 3 times, it's insane. Im currently digging it again but can't quite pull the trigger yet for some reason. Part of me is wishing the ex would hurry and sell out and make the choice for me :)

No other piece has pulled me back and forth like this one.

I have been on the fence about this one back and forth about 3 times, it's insane. Im currently digging it again but can't quite pull the trigger yet for some reason. Part of me is wishing the ex would hurry and sell out and make the choice for me :)

I'm right there with ya. :panic:

I wish I could tell you that I love it. I will say it is better than I expected. It does look better in hand than some of the pics I've seen. However, there are some very good pics in this thread. If you dig those pics I think you will like this piece. It is massive and I actually like the pose. I think it's rather unique.

Would alcald chrome paint do the trick or a different kind? Anyone know?

To get a true chrome look, you will need something like Alsa's Killer Chrome, which is black, then clear, then ultra fine aluminum powder that lays down so evenly that it looks like what you spray with it is made of metal. A slight bit of the black shows through which makes it look deeper and darker than aluminum does. Then finally, the mirraclear clear coat.

I'm with you on this. The lack of excitement over this piece boggles my mind. This isn't another Namor...it's up there with some of the best in the entire line.

r6yc5x.jpg

Hell, I even like the power cosmic arms. Initially I thought they looked goofy, but in person they are slightly transparent and look awesome IMO.

2rm8v10.jpg

Emo Surfer face FTW.

I hope he's on display at SDCC. Maybe then I give it a second chance. For now, I'll wait it out and see what happens. I think public opinion is a pretty good indicator of how a piece looks, and from my own viewing of this piece through other people's photo's, not impressed so far.

When you see this in person you will get it. Its a strange piece it just looks so much better and bigger in person and once you have it on display the seams are not an issue.

Thanks guys! I do love painting the Silver Surfer. :)

But you can see that they are loosely inspired by the statues. I usually get the bug whenever I see a SS statue in the flesh. Haven't seen this in the flesh yet.

When you see this in person you will get it. Its a strange piece it just looks so much better and bigger in person and once you have it on display the seams are not an issue.

I have seen this in person, and to be honest I'm glad I passed. At the end of the day, there are too many other pieces I would rather pick up than this one. Even if this piece turned into the next holy grail, I wouldn't buy it because it just doesn't do if for me. I haven't been in this hobby long, but I have been in it long enough to know that your finances will suffer if you routinely purchase items you like rather than love.

For the folks who purchased this, I hope your are enjoying your statue.

Back