silver surfer comiquette!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice comparison pics INFECDEAD, I have all those pieces and they look very nice to each other with the exception of Thor but that's ok.

Didn't say you were gonna cancel then flexed surfer on waitlist or something?

I got mine today, it is a fantastic piece I am really impressed with it.
The only issue with this is the seams on the interchangeable joints but these are only noticeable up close. Not at regular viewing distances.
It has a fantastic paint job which really makes the statue. The silver paint looks almost two tone due to the musculature. It is smooth and if you have the Iron Spider-man comiquette you can expect the same finish here. The power cosmic has an iridescent tone and looks great under fluorescents sort of the way coral does.
All the interchangeable parts (except for the sad face head which I do not like) work well with swapped out with each other and are held solid by some nice strong magnets.
It isn't quite 1/4 scale though. I measure the Surfer at 43cm being generous for the arched back - he is listed at 6'4 on Marvel Universe. Captain America is 47cm and listed at 6'2, but whatever at least he is a decent size. I wouldn't display him next to Thor though - he dwarfs him.
The pose has copped a bit of flack but it is far more dynamic than the Sideshow photos show - the pics really don't do the statue justice on how dynamic it is.
The print is pretty good, I don't care for them personally, at least it isn't the travesty that the Venom print is.
Anyone on the fence with this...I recommend you pull the trigger!

P1000690.jpg

P1000689.jpg

P1000688.jpg

P1000687.jpg

P1000686.jpg

P1000685.jpg

P1000684.jpg

Pics are simply amazing....I don't understand how any Silver Surfer fan can't like this piece after seeing these pics......Maybe some folks simply need to see it in person?...I don't know....Congratulations to everyone who picked this up.

well just thought i'd put out my 2 cents worth, just opened mine up and i have to say this piece is amazing. the seams are barely noticable, the size is huge and it's very heavy.
ssc definately did some work on this one with the way they've made the base, board and interchangable pieces.

now to get it chromed.:yess:
get it while you can guys, does anyone recall what happened to venom??

Just got my SS Ex today and he's so bad ass. I love the sculpt, paint , base, everything about it. The print is ____ing tight! So much more impressive in person than the pics I've been seeing IMO not that the pics here are bad.

While there have been better pics posted, this still isn't my ideal Surfer statue or pose.
I think there's definitely room for improvement.

Last edited:
I see that Grey Hulk back there just kickin it. How do you like the SS Quad? I was very impressed with mine.

I have the Bowen chrome version and to me, nothing beats that.

:exactly:I agree. Both the Bowen museum and action Surfer's are the BEST Surfer's out there! I own the chrome and painted museum pieces as well as the action Surfer. I even had the action Surfer custom chromed. I went ahead and bought the SS Surfer comiquette recently.

NOBODY has beat Randy when it comes to this character. Bowen's Surfer's OWN ALL IMHO!

Just got mine yesterday and IMO sideshow totally nailed the essence of this character. If you are only judging this statue by the pictures, you are really missing out.

Its been said before but you have to see it in person it is amazing. It will become a classic like Thor and captain America

Back