silver surfer comiquette!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good... i think it will come down to how the piece of displayed... Like that front on shot looked really good. I don't think its better then Bowens but on par. Also i like the direction SS went with this rather then the typical surfer riding a wave.

Thanks guys. I'm really happy with him but, I personally don't really like the other heads that came with him. At least they gave everyone options.

Just saw SMC100 pics got to say the more pics i see the more i like it. I should have it soon. I respect other peoples point of view but the more i come to the boards the more i notice once a thread becomes negative it just keeps feed off other negative comments. Not every piece is not going to be a home run, but if it gives you pleasure and you like well its done its job.
Don't let these people get under your skin. As far as i concern, their opinions are worthless.

My, should be here any minute. Maybe, this piece might looks better without the camera flashes.

Every time I click on this thread, I think maybe this time I will like
it - because I really want to - but none of the pictures has yet
convinced me. The board is too short and wide, the stance is
awkward, his legs and torso are too thick - and there is no need to
comment further on the head choices.

Thanks guys. I'm really happy with him but, I personally don't really like the other heads that came with him. At least they gave everyone options.

Well the 2 other heads are better than the original prototype I photosho...I mean that Sideshow sculpted. Take a peek:

surfer_wtf.jpg

Don't let these people get under your skin. As far as i concern, their opinions are worthless.

My, should be here any minute. Maybe, this piece might looks better without the camera flashes.

I'm ready to see some better pictures of this already. Make it so!

Mine showed up this afternoon, and i must say that I'm so glad I didn't cancel. In person this piece looks amazing and its huge! The seems really are only noticeable if your looking for them and the scale seems spot on, the art pic is also very nice.

Every time I click on this thread, I think maybe this time I will like
it - because I really want to - but none of the pictures has yet
convinced me. The board is too short and wide, the stance is
awkward, his legs and torso are too thick - and there is no need to
comment further on the head choices.

While I might point out different things, I essentially feel the same way. It makes you wonder how there can be such diverse opinions between those who paid major bucks for it and those who are ecstatic about having passed on it.

Surfer seems to look respectable from shots above eye level where the seams and neck area are less noticeable and from the front angles where his butt sticks out less. He also seems to be a nice size at 1/4 scale. He dwarfs the tiny FF4 diorama in that pic. From a display cabinet, where there is a restricted viewing angle he will look decent. They should have had a little less upward angle for his board, would have circumvented many of these issues.

Thanks for the pics, Greatwall!!! :rock

It makes me realize even more how awesome this piece is. :rock

Back