silver surfer comiquette!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics Greatwall. Thanks for sharing! I just received mine yesterday.

I unpacked it, and was simply amazed by it. all the choices of display make it outstanding for versatility in displaying.

I think the reason some may, or may not, appreciate it as much as others is that this piece is done from such an artistic and abstract pose that it is easy to have it go unnoticed.

It is 1/4 scale to go with the other formats, and to boot, it can actually be used as a display piece for people who do not appreciate comics or even know who Silver Surfer is. It is that good. Even my wife, commented on the artistic integrity of the piece, and she does not like much of my stuff.

It clearly makes a statement beyond the realm of it's character in the comic world.

Simply outstanding Sideshow.

It's nice to see some better pics starting to pop up!

However, the long neck and visible seams issues aside, I think the part that gets me the most about this piece is the mid section area -- from the mid abs to mid thigh. Something feels off or out of proportion there. Anyone else see that?

Great pics Greatwall.
Looks really good.
Is it the exclusive version? If so any pics of the print or at least how big is the print?
This is a regular version. The surfing board is massive, very impressing. The pictures doesn't do this statue no justice. For those who have it in hand knows what i am talking about.

A good sculpt should be awesome from every angle...and this is certainly not the case. Nice paint application though

There's no doubt that dynamic poses can restrict the viewing angle. It's like the BD classic Iron Man based on the comic cover. It looks fine head-on like the cover, but every other angle looks bad.

A good sculpt should be awesome from every angle...and this is certainly not the case. Nice paint application though

Certain statues display better at different angles and thats just a fact !! Look at hulk PF it looks best displayed up high so you can see the facial expression ,look at the Thor PF looks best displayed lower so you can appreciate the awesome face sculpt !!! Look at the Galactus LSB looks best up high so you can see the facial expression !!! Different statues dispay best at different angles !! Thats just the way it is !!!! :hi5:

Certain statues display better at different angles and thats just a fact !! Look at hulk PF it looks best displayed up high so you can see the facial expression ,look at the Thor PF looks best displayed lower so you can appreciate the awesome face sculpt !!! Look at the Galactus LSB looks best up high so you can see the facial expression !!! Different statues dispay best at different angles !! Thats just the way it is !!!! :hi5:

OK!!!!!!!!

After seeing the in hand pics by Greatwall I had to order this. He looks awesome IMO and will look great alongside the Galactus LSB. He's definitely bigger than I thought he'd be too. The print with this one is awesome as well compared to other comiquette prints. This is one print that won't just stay in the box.

Interesting take, I like the Galactus close to eye level and the Hulk just below eye level so he looks more menacing. Interesting how preference in displays shows that even the optimal angles are subject to personal preference. I do like the Thor lower too tho'. However, hiding the seams may entail displaying this eye level or lower, will have to see.

While I respect your opinion, the fact that I would be spending $300+ on a statue that only looks good below eye level is not acceptable. Especially when I have purchased less expensive comiquettes where how the piece is displayed did not significantly impact my overall enjoyment.

For those people that bought this statue and like it then I'm happy for them. Personally, I just cannot justify spending this type of money and having to live with any significant limitations. And yes I understand that interpretations of "significant" can vary from individual to individual. Being forced to display this below eye level in order to enjoy this statue would seem like I am "tricking" myself into liking it. At this price point, I shouldn't have to do anything other than take it out of the box and enjoy it.

Last edited:
While I respect your opinion, the fact that I would be spending $300+ on a statue that only looks good below eye level is not acceptable. Especially when I have purchased less expensive comiquettes where how the piece is displayed did not significantly impact my overall enjoyment.

For those people that bought this statue and like it then I'm happy for them. Personally, I just cannot justify spending this type of money and having to live with any significant limitations. And yes I understand that interpretations of "significant" can vary from individual to individual. Being forced to display this below eye level in order to enjoy this statue would seem like I am "tricking" myself into liking it. At this price point, I shouldn't have to do anything other than take it out of the box and enjoy it.

while i can see your point, i can also say that i will enjoy this piece at which ever angle i place him. for some reason i don't think i'm going to be sitting 1-2 feet away enjoying him either. most likely will be 8-10 feet away most of the time so i'm sure the seams won't be bothering me that much, but the pure awesomeness that is surfer will be glowing in my cabinet.

Thats why I display all my statues at ground level that way you can accecptably appreciate the tops of their heads !!!!!! Just like buying an expensive art print ,its best enjoyed when mounted at ground level facing the wall for optimal impact !!!:yess:LMHO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dilbert-sarcasm-supportiveness-difference.jpg

Back