SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kato worked on this too??

Man, Sideshow's just hiring everybody from the Customs forums, eh?? Probably a lot safer than Craig's List.

On the table today: Trevor's River Tam:yess:

Cant wait to see that!

I've got a couples of his custom head sculpts in my commissions queue to be painted.

Or those :lecture

Man, Sideshow's just hiring everybody from the Customs forums, eh?? Probably a lot safer than Craig's List.

Seriously :lol It's pretty awesome that we are able to have some of the team that creates Sideshow's prototypes available to help with our most wanted unlicensed 1/6 projects :)

I'm laughing that people are hating on the pleather jacket and (presumably) Kato made it.

Oh well, nobody's hating on the paint, so good on ya' SS!!

Thanks Heat. Granted, it wasn't the most challenging piece I've done. It was cool to paint it though. I never could have imagine back in Jr. High that I would one day take part in making the newest, coolest versions of one of my favorite toys. It's just :yess:

Is Kevin Ellis Kato?!!! What a trip. I see him when I go to Sideshow. I had no idea.:slap

Seriously :lol It's pretty awesome that we are able to have some of the team that creates Sideshow's prototypes available to help with our most wanted unlicensed 1/6 projects :)

It's pretty awesome to be able to do both at the same time. It's a job, a hobby, and a lifestyle. What more can you ask for?

Unlicensed? These guys DO have a license.... to thrill....

:monkey1

You know it, baby.:hi5:

Last edited:
Is Kevin Ellis Kato?!!! What a trip. I see him when I go to Sideshow. I had no idea.:slap

Let me jump in here before this rumor spreads like wildfire. While I am more than flattered at the thought of this, Kato and I are indeed two different people. To say that he and I are the same person would diminish his contribution to the piece. Kato is an extremely talented artist. We have been very fortunate to work with him, and i would hate to take any due credit away from him.

:wave

Some time ago, I got a nice deal from Sideshow on a distressed packaging Elvira PF. It was originally missing the dagger as well, but that wasn't known when they sold it.

PF.jpg

Body.jpg

Sideshow did hook me up with a dagger though, and I finally got around to enhancing the paint with Alclad II metallics and some translucent colors.

7206_press09-001.jpg

Knife02.jpg

I'm letting the paint set some before I stick it in her belt. I'd hate to find out one day that the paint glued itself in.

I still need to figure out what to have her hold. I've been given some good ideas, but I'm still waiting for the one that hits the spot.
Finger.jpg

Given your love for Friday the 13th I'd go with a hockey mask. :D

You mean, like this!

ElviraHoldingMask.jpg

ElviraHoldingMaskCloseUp.jpg

Well, maybe I will make her one of her own then. In that line of thinking, a Freddy glove might also be cool (for her to be holding, not wearing...but then again).

I actually thought he looked a bit like 80's Dolph lundgren.....

:lol That was actually my first impression when I got it to paint.

Let me jump in here before this rumor spreads like wildfire. While I am more than flattered at the thought of this, Kato and I are indeed two different people. To say that he and I are the same person would diminish his contribution to the piece. Kato is an extremely talented artist. We have been very fortunate to work with him, and i would hate to take any due credit away from him.

:wave

Thanks, Kevin. So, I'm guess people meant Cheng then? Crazy coicidence on the last name.

Or...her wearing a Freddy glove with a Jason mask hanging off of it!!!:yess:

Overkill?:dunno

:thwak No, it's cool.

:slap Great! Now if have to make a custom 1/4 Freddy-gloved hand for my Elvira.

Back