SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent work as always! I always look to see what kind of spin you put on your predator repaints! Any new type predator (Super preds) repaints in the works?

No, I think most people are pretty satisfied by how Hot Toys painted the new Predators, but I do have a Lost Predator Ram repaint coming up very soon. May even get that started tomorrow, but it will get interrupted by something else shortly.

The first of my many 1/6 headsculpts painted for Sideshow (Viper was actually painted after). I only painted the head on this one. Sideshow had given me some sample castings of some head to see what I could do with them, and I sent one back. Their response, and I quote, was, "$#@%, you nailed it!" I found out it was the General Hawk head, and they wanted to use it for the prototype. And there it is. I've been doing lots of 1/6 heads ever since.

Teaser-2.jpg

This figure looks great in person. I can't wait for the full reveal.

The first of my many 1/6 headsculpts painted for Sideshow (Viper was actually painted after). I only painted the head on this one. Sideshow had given me some sample castings of some head to see what I could do with them, and I sent one back. Their response, and I quote, was, "$#@%, you nailed it!" I found out it was the General Hawk head, and they wanted to use it for the prototype. And there it is. I've been doing lots of 1/6 heads ever since.

Teaser-2.jpg

This figure looks great in person. I can't wait for the full reveal.

Gorgeous! ______________________________________________

Cool to see your first head by Sideshow.. finally :lol Strange how they had you do this first but the Viper beat him. I guess with the Joe attack we've gotten this year since Stalker it doesn't matter much but it is always fun to hear about behind the scenes things.

Thanks guys. Full reveal tomorrow.:panic:

In the mean time: Some of you know about the Mal for Fillion Project over in the Whedonville section, and here is the final product that will be delivered to Nathan Fillion himself.

BootsonFireflyDeck.jpg

CoatOff2.jpg

CoatOff1.jpg

CoatOff3.jpg

Fantastic work Nathan (and everyone else involved in that) :clap

I hope someone will take some pics/video of the presentation because I'd love to see what he thinks of it. :rock

Thanks. A lot of love went into that from some very talented people besides myself. They all did a great job. It was an honor to be the guy to paint it, I'll admit.

Nice work on both of your latest that you've showcased!

That Hawk sculpt looks like a younger Jan Michael Vincent

Back