Sideshow's SDCC G.I. Joe Licensing Expansion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the only thing Im intrested in.:rock:rock:rock

85897643.png

I'll probably pass on PFs, the dios on the other had look very elaborate and interesting. I'll probably stick to just the 12" figs for the most part, being that I like my Joes to be articulate action figures IMHO.

I think this is an amazing development for both Sideshow and GI Joe. What this expansion says to me is that GI Joe has the potential to become a well developed and rounded license that includes different formats and scales just like Marvel and Star Wars. And while GI Joe might not be as popular as Star Wars, I love that Sideshow has enough confidence in the brand to branch out the way it is. Hats off Sideshow!

Holy crap... I said no to the Recon, I said no to the Throne....but that Snake Eyes Dio is just..............Take my wallet Sideshow, and hey while you're at that, here's the lease to my house too....

All kinds of Awesomeness!

That seems like such an odd reason to skip on this. Sorry, I had to chuckle a bit at that one! :rolleyes:

Snake Eyes as he appeared in the cartoon defines the character for me. Snake eyes didn't have pockets in the cartoon. He wore tights. He was the ONLY Joe that I can recall who DID wear tights. That was one of the things that made him so distinct from the other characters. It made him more like a superhero than the other Joes were. That is an important reason why he was my favorite G.I. JOE.

I respect Sideshow's decision to expand the GI JOE license, but . . .

For now . . . I'll be concentrating solely on their 1:6 figures and dioramas/environments. PFs, statues, etc. are not my cup of tea . . . yet . . . based on what they're offering so far.

Personally speaking . . . they should have further developed and produced the 1:6 line before venturing into PF, statues, etc. offerings.

Kewl, but no interest.

After budgeting out what I want to spend on the 12 inch line in the next 7 months I can't imagine there'll be room for dios in my collection. Maybe if they find a way to work in lesser characters that'll never be made in 12 inch form (like if they made a Tunnel Rat and Outback vs. Raptor dio) I might get one but otherwise I'll probably stick with just the 1/6 scale figures.

I rather see SS just concentrate on the 12inch line. It seems with all their line they expand and then I start to lose interest. Its like milking the line. I have no interest in Dio's or PF's.

Back