Sideshow's Plan for Star Wars in 2007

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Sideshow not having a good start! Bubo as I stated earlier in one of my other comments can grab a spoon and eat my ass. :chew

BadMoon said:
Yeah Sideshow not having a good start! Bubo as I stated earlier in one of my other comments can grab a spoon and eat my ass. :chew

Badmoon, are you high? Sideshow is having an awesome start! Maul, Bib, Salacious, and Jabba on the way! And I'm pretty sure you could have kept that colorful and oh so classy statement in it's previous place instead of resurrecting it. This post is just empty calories.

I think a lot of people are considering Jabba and crew as well as Maul to be 06 offerings despite them coming to us in late 06 early 07, and are judging 07 based on previews of 07 announced figures, and sure, Bubo may not be the most exciting announcement, but we do have some great stuff coming in this year that in December we'll look back at 07 and think wow. We've got PF Boba Fett coming, 1/6 Plo Koon and Asajj, Yoda 1:1 bust, there are good things coming for the year that haven't been announced yet, and clearly more exciting things are on the way, patience everyone.

2007 is getting off to a bad start? I don't understand that line of thought at all. We've already got Bib which was a very nice figure, Salacious, Jabba/throne (coming), Fett PF, Leia (coming early 07), etc. Plus Bubo only adds to the Jabba Set Up. How that is a bad start is beyond me. Plus if you read the newsletter they have some serious cool **** it sounds like coming for us this year. Patience folks will be the call of the day as all this stuff gets announced.

jlcmsu said:
How that is a bad start is beyond me.

I think a lot of people feel 07 is off to a rough start because they won't be content with announcments short of:

Darth Vader
Palpatine
Chewbacca
ANH Luke
ANH Leia
ANH Han
Ben Kenobi
Lando

I think for a lot of people, even if they announce a great TPM or AOTC Obi-Wan, anything that isn't OT and core character is going to be received poorly, at least that's the tone I'm picking up in the threads.

jlcmsu said:
2007 is getting off to a bad start? I don't understand that line of thought at all. We've already got Bib which was a very nice figure, Salacious, Jabba/throne (coming), Fett PF, Leia (coming early 07), etc. Plus Bubo only adds to the Jabba Set Up. How that is a bad start is beyond me. Plus if you read the newsletter they have some serious cool **** it sounds like coming for us this year. Patience folks will be the call of the day as all this stuff gets announced.

You forgot to add PF Luke & Yoda to the list above....:D

I believe this year is going to be extra special (hint...hint...PF Palpatine:eek:) and it's too early to make any judgment.

You're right MF. I want those guys as well but folks just gotta learn with so many characters in the SW Universe it's ok to be outside of ANH during this year.

I did forget that DR. That's another winner coming in 07.

I can't believe I am going to say that but I actually agree with Jlcmsu. Sideshow is actually having a great start for 2007 with the SW line. Let's hope they keep it up and bring out some OT characters besides Bubo:cool:

The product year always starts at Toy Fair in mid-February. It's still 2006 for SSC. End of story.

Sideshow uses one of those alternate universe calendars; kinda like the Chinese.
-theropod

I think Sideshow is doing exactly what they told us they were going to do. I was looking at the Sideshow catalog Vol 9 and here is what it said about 12" figures on Luke Jedi page.
Tom Gilliland said:
Each year is somewhat themed around a original trilogy film, starting with Return of the Jedi. There will also be a healthy number of prequel characters in the mix.

So they told us this up front and look what they did in the last year from ROTJ
Luke
Jabba
Salacious
Throne
Bib
Leia
3 Endor Troopers
Bubo
and if you take the coat off you got Han too.
Thats 10 different things all from ROTJ.

So here is my prediction that we will see around 10 different offerings from ANH this year being the aniversary and all.

As for the prequel characters well we got 8 12"ers and one accessory back from those 3 movies and also 1 EU character and thats it.

I think they have a plan and they are sticking to it. I say that we will probably get a big item at SDCC but I think it will be from ANH.

I can understand how people are dissapointed with the announcements and releases for SW. If something is released that I don't want, I do feel "disapointed". So can't object there. MYSELF, I'm only really interested in the characters and objects that I like, anything else would be useless rubbish for me. But, I'm glad that other people are happy with the releases, just hope that characters I like are announced soon. **cough** ANH BEN 12" **cough**

I still hold to the Tantive IV being the best possible idea. It's amazingly recognizable, and it would be a super iconic environment to make the hallway. It has almost all of the main characters (Vader, Leia, Stormtroopers, Fleet Troopers the Droids--and Captain Antilles!), and is loaded with possible set-up designs. If they did a really good job on the hallway, maybe with exclusive blasted-in doors, and gave us all of those characters, we'd have the whole opening sequence of the film that started it all!

It would be the only diorama I would buy in its entirety.

Sorry, Cap. Not all that enthusiastic about a big white hallway. Can't imagine Sideshow would be to excited to make it, wither. Not much fun to work on, I think.

No, if I wanted any kind of environment, it'd be the Carbon Freeze Chamber.

Below is my list of environments that I think are doable and worthwhile to have in a collection.

Yoda's Dagobah Hutt

Dagobah Swamp Environment with Log for Yoda to sit on while training Bespin Luke.

Carbon Freezing Chamber

Emperor's Throne with Death Star Window

Executor Bridge with Windows (for Vader to Gaze out of)

Ewok Village area where C-3PO is offered up his Rebel friends for dinner

Millenium Falcon interior (the area where Obi trained Luke and Chewie played chess with R2)

Yoda's Appartment from AOTC and ROTS

Palpatines Throne and Window Bay from ROTS (Mace and Palps Duel)

Chancellor's Pod from the PT Trilogy (would need Mas Ameda)

Mustafar Lava river and bed (could do a nice combination of this from the end of the duel to display Obi and Anakin / Vader)

Back