Sideshow's Plan for Star Wars in 2007

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madden821 said:
I think Jabba is the grail for me.

I was thinking more in terms of stuff we don't already have coming. I don't think I need to reitterate for the thousandth time how incredibly excited I am about Jabba, possibly one of the coolest characters to come out of the OT....but I will.:D

Protozaius said:
I REALLY think Sideshow needs to give ROTJ a break. And there IS a certain installment celebrating a birthday.... :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Technically speaking, all the SW films are celebrating a birthday that same week...

:monkey3

hmm...

PF Palpy sitting on his throne would be to the SW line as Doctor Doom to the Marvel PF line...

but... how would PF Palpy look with a pimp cup on a stand next to his throne look??? J/K! heh.

PF Palpy, PF Darth Maul would look cool.
But... with Luke, Vader, Leia, Han, and Obi from ANH, i'd be surprised if they didn't finally do a PF Chewie. exclusive could be a C-3PO in bag. i know that's a different episode, but still.

hmm. and SSC could make a PF / 1/4 scale background of the emperor's throne room imperial window. hmm. or even 1/6 scale.

Hmm....I'd be interested in a PF Palpy, but not if it means I wouldn't get the 1/6 version. much more interested in the 12".

Customikey said:
I was thinking more in terms of stuff we don't already have coming. I don't think I need to reitterate for the thousandth time how incredibly excited I am about Jabba, possibly one of the coolest characters to come out of the OT....but I will.:D

Gottcha... then I would agree that the Emperor Throne would probably be next on my list... as long as it had a rotating base.

I want a PF Krayt Dragon! W00t! I'd put that thing in the middle of the living room and scare my 2 1/2 year old to death!

I hope that part of their 2007 plans include legendary scale busts. I don't know if there would be a conflict with Gentle Giant on this, I wouldn't think so since the LS busts are about twice the size of GG, but I would love to SSC make a LS bust of ROTS Obi-Wan, since they've expressed an unlikelyhood of making humans in the 1:1 line.

MaulFan said:
I hope that part of their 2007 plans include legendary scale busts. I don't know if there would be a conflict with Gentle Giant on this, I wouldn't think so since the LS busts are about twice the size of GG, but I would love to SSC make a LS bust of ROTS Obi-Wan, since they've expressed an unlikelyhood of making humans in the 1:1 line.

Jinkies! I hadn't even considered the possibility!

Wow, that'd be frickin' awesome. I'd be all over that.

how about 12" biker scout and speederbike, Han in carbonite, Taun taun, Jedi Council diorama, Cantina bar sections. Just some wants. I hope more than anything we get Stormtroopers and Clone troopers (EPIII first please).
JAAKUB

I really have doubts about a Rancor being made, way too big. Maybe a Taun Taun, Dewback, Bantha, or Wampa. I'd be down for a Wampa for sure, the other's I'd have to think about.

If they make scouts and bikes and taun Tauns etc I hope they are sold seperatley I'd hate to miss out on the scout because I couldn't afford him and the bike :monkey1

madden821 said:
Gottcha... then I would agree that the Emperor Throne would probably be next on my list... as long as it had a rotating base.

Yeah, that's exactly what I want! Rotating Palpatine chair.... :rock

But really, I'm excited about anything coming from that particular Galaxy far far away.... :chew

denger4000 said:
I really have doubts about a Rancor being made, way too big. Maybe a Taun Taun, Dewback, Bantha, or Wampa. I'd be down for a Wampa for sure, the other's I'd have to think about.

I have yet to hear if Sideshow has solved the hair issue concerning Chewbacca... so I don't think that a Wampa would be in the offering. That might go for the Tauntaun as well... but they might go the sculpted hair route for him the way Hasbro did. I hope not.

Of all the suggestions I've heard so far, I would LOVE a 1/6 landspeeder. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

The only thing I would want from Jedi at this point is the Emperor's Throne Room chair... although I would really want an EPIII Palpy before an EPVI Palpy.

I don't think the hair issues with Chewbacca would stop a Wampa. Overall, the Wampa has little screen time and minimal movement, so you could do a vinyl Wampa like Jabba, with basic articulation at the hips for the legs and shoulder articulation and it could be quite successful, I think with beasts and larger scale figures in this line, Sideshow's focus will be on visual quality more than poseability / ""play value"". With Chewbacca, they know people will want to pose and repose him over and over, with a Wampa, they know people'd want him going after looking in a few different, simple poses, and that'd be the extent of it, so long as the paint and sculpt were fantastic and stood out in a display.

Back