Sideshow's Plan for Star Wars in 2007

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jason2885 said:
The snowspeeder would be approximately 3ft by 3ft after doing some quick calculations so yes it would be possible.

Possible yes, but that would take up So much space.

I'd find some space for it....although it'd be missing the 1/6 AT-AT...:D

I think our best bet would be to get a Luke's landspeeder. It is really a cool and recognizable design.

BTW an X-Wing at 1/6th scale would be 6.8ft. I unfortunately dont see this one happening.

Actually I was just thinking, the next logical item would be the Scout Trooper from ROTJ. Here's why:

Compatability: Biker Scouts are an almost neccessary compliment to the Endor team we have, and for any Imperial scenes from ROTJ. It then follows that SSC could make an Endor Luke to go with the scene, then a similar Endor Han which also would function as a complete ROTJ Han just by removing the trenchcoat. Simply add new heads to Luke and Han and add the new little items and suddenly we have Endor!

Simplicity: Compared to most trooper figures, Scout Troopers are really easy. The wear very little armor, and what they do have is often not hard plastic, such as the armor on their mid-torso and boots. Just give them really detailed body gloves and then do a good job on what armor there is, and he'll look great! Even Hasbro did a good job in that sense. Also, his accessories would only need be their pistol and maybe a standard stormtrooper blaster just for variety (or even the battlefront rifle). Throw in something to put in their pouches and voila! A FANTASTIC figure.

Speeder Bikes: Yes, we all love Hasbro's, but I can't even imagine how cool Sideshow's would be. They could put tons of detail on those things, and could maybe even design a cool stand for it (I will say, Hasbro's stand is superb in every respect). They could even make a variant in red or white for when we get Stass Allie. It's small but one of the most exciting and fun vehicles of the saga--and who doesn't love the Scouts on their bikes?

Yes friends, the Scout Trooper is a great way to experiment with armored characters while keeping the risks low and giving us a figure we'd all love to have. This has been another overly-developed idea from Captain Aldeggon. Thank you.

I REALLY think Sideshow needs to give ROTJ a break. And there IS a certain installment celebrating a birthday.... :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Captain Aldeggon said:
Actually I was just thinking, the next logical item would be the Scout Trooper from ROTJ.

A biker scout with a speeder bike is one of my most wanted items form Sideshow. You have no idea how thrilled I would be if/when they announce one; probably about as excited as you are about Faramir.

Still I can agree with the above post too that we really need some ANH figures this year. There's no year better than this one for the classic stuff.

For me I don't really care about a Rancor or vehicles... I want them to spend more time on making a good Vader and Chewy then worrying how to make a Rancor or a Landspeeder.

I'd love another couple sweet 1/4 scales this year. I'd like to see a 1/6 Bantha and Tusken Raider to accompany it. W00t! Bantha's rule!

Funny. I'm not all that interested in ANH figures. I'd like Tarkin, sure, but all my favorite lead character designs are from the later films.

If they do some old school EU characters (Mara Jade, Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, heck...even Dash Rendar)...then I'm in. I don't care much for Asajj or most of the newer ones.

Customikey said:
ROTJ Palpy with his throne is my Grail for this line.

That would be grand.

tomandshell said:
A Rancor would upset those who don't want to see more stuff from Jabba's Palace.

:violin

Would you say that such a decision might instill rancor in them?

DarthRamuk said:
That is something I'm looking forward too!:monkey5 The exclusive would either be his cane or luke's lightsaber!

The ex. can't be Luke's lightsaber, because we got that with Luke, although I wouldn't say no to a repack (just in case I lose my hilt. THis will also be a good idea for characters that are Ringbearers in LOTR.) There's not a lot in the way of accessories that old Palpy can come wth. I think the cane would make it as a regular accessory, along with lightening hands. Hell, I'm not sure that there is a reasonable exclusive for The Emperor. He doesn't really handle all that much in ROTJ. Maybe the exclusive could be an alternate "really pissed off" sculpt for when he's frying young Skywalker (worked for 006). I'd want the basic sculpt to be "In time you will call me....Master."

The throne is a MUST as an expansion accessory.

Back