Sideshow's Online Comic-Con Thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is Flex pay actually useful? I've always wondered that, you just end up splitting it up into payments that end when the product ships, you could just order like normal and pay the same amount when it ships and you'll have the same result. It's not like it gives you extra time

It actually does depending on how you use it.

First Scenario: Flex allows small payments taken per month which can be easily budgeted in. Many times I've saved for something only to have the money burn a hole in my pocket and then being caught with my pants down at time of shipping. This way my piece is safeguarded from being nailed by a good deal and then regretting it later.

Second Scenario: I keep the piece ordered normally, it is shipping and I can't afford it. I tell SSC to go Flex and it gives me three more months (usually) to get the piece without canceling it out right.

If you can save the money more power to you but realistically but there are a lot of collectors like me who get tempted by that piece you pasted on and suddenly pops up for a good deal and you bite.

I don't know if this is the right thread for it and I hate to be a negative a-hole (there's been enough that on the board lately)...BUT can someone get it across to the powers-that-be this years SDCC reveals kind of sucked the wind out of the show. Don't get me wrong I love what you guys showed (even though there was less 1/6th stuff) but as tomandshell said (paraphrasing) seeing everything before the show was like looking at all of your Christmas presents for the whole month of December and then seeing them again on Christmas day. Or something like that. Let's revert back to the days of yore! :)

Had a Great time in chat---Thanks everyone for making it fun...
SSC people were AWESOME hosts:hi5:

I tried getting one a leftover mouser,they tell me to come back later (guess I got there early?). I come back a littler later than I wanted to and the different rep tells me "all sold". Sorry to the guy I tried to help out.

Also, i wore my Spook 3d glasses and I didn't get squat, but some lady wears a SS shirt (probably won a day or two before) and I hear she gets a "good" prize? Then again, maybe I was seen by the wrong person?

SS panel being ended early, only 40 minutes long? What panel was next that it was so important to cut the Q&A short? I was gonna head up and ask about the 12" dead line. However, i liked how you guys handled the marvel prizes, with the stars. pretty clever.

Sorry for the rant guys.

Chat was awesome as always, with a really great group of freaks, and great prizes too. I was actually in the chat late last night with a couple of stragglers like myself, theguru and odowan. Good times. Someone at Sideshow forgot to shut the room down!

:lol

Chat was awesome as always, with a really great group of freaks, and great prizes too. I was actually in the chat late last night with a couple of stragglers like myself, theguru and odowan. Good times. Someone at Sideshow forgot to shut the room down!

fury, i'ts open right now. I'm still in it. :clap:hi5::rotfl:panic:

It was great chattin' it up with all the freaks out there!

A huge thank you to Dennis and Marc for herding the animals in chat, and feeding us every now and then with some prizes! :clap

Loved the cameras at the booth, and hope to see some more purple people eaters dancing away next year (or wave to you freaks in chat!!!)!

Also hoping that we'll see that play-doh sculpture up for grabs at Spook '10!

TROUTDIAMONDS!!!

Had a Great time in chat---Thanks everyone for making it fun...
SSC people were AWESOME hosts:hi5:

Agreed, good times. And CONGRATS!!! :hi5:

What?!?!? I got the boot for nothing? :lol

And chat is done. Funny to see Chris log in from the airport just to shut down the chat. If I didn't know better I'd say Chris loves to boot the room like that. :)

Did anyone in chat see me on Thursday on the live video feed?

Chris gave me a piece of paper on which I wrote "Swabie" and then I got close to the camera with my nametag and made some silly faces.

I also called Happyboy and Shropt various names. :yess: The people at the show thought I was a freakin' maniac. :gah:

They don't care about you!!!

But they sure as hell saw me. :p

During Eye of Sauron, Dusty told the whole room that they were not allowed to pick me.

That was classic!

Dusty Rocks!!!! :rock

Back