Sideshow's Online Comic-Con Thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the winners in July have been in the US

With chat it's a bit hard unless i stay up to 3am(or early hours of the morning) and with 3 kids that ain't going to happen.(10am Sideshow time is 3am here)

Anyway my point is not many, if any overseas people win:lecture

The percentage of our collectors in the U.S. is about 5 times that of international collectors. Add that to the fact that many times the international collectors don't want to enter because of shipping costs (I don't blame them, but there's not much we can do about that :() and the ratio gets even bigger... our contest system is a random selection method and has no bearing on location of the entrant, so if an international collector enters, he/she does have the same chance as every other single person, which is only fair.

here's the info I have for those of you using your own IRC clients:

server: sideshowtoy.com
port: 6667

Please correct me if I'm wrong ;)

I'm stopping for some In-N-Out Burger. About three more hours of driving to go. I wish I had passes for preview night! But tomorrow will be fun.

I'm not there for preview night this year either... first time! This is my 6th Con, I can't even believe it!

See you tomorrow, everyone in SD! :duff

Dusty, see if they can get the live feeds to show the right colors. Everyone who is wearing black looks like galactus purple, lol!

hey Dusty, whats the point of having live web cams if all we can see if half of a Carnage head? :(:slap

hey Dusty, whats the point of having live web cams if all we can see if half of a Carnage head? :(:slap

:lol The cameras are not for the products, they're for the people and the events. The fun of the cameras is really experienced in chat so you can shout out when you see people you know (or celebrities... or really crazy costumes... etc) Besides, imagine how horrible everything would look under these lights with these cams :horror We'd have people chicken littling all over the place ;)

As for coloring... there's only so much that can be done with the horrid florescent lighting, the quality of the cams, and the network capacities, but I promise to have Travis take a look at them when we get there tomorrow :duff

They haven't shown up on the booth map yet, but there are some excellent surprise figures up at the Sideshow booth tonight. Hans from Inglorious Basterds, Charlie Sheen from Platoon, and the Nick Cage Ghost Rider. And they all look amazing. Nick Cage even comes with the motorcycle.

Last edited:
Back