Sideshow's making a scaled Crystal Skull for the KOTCS DVD release!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently, it's a special Best Buy DVD Gift set, which will be released when KOTCS hits home video in October/Noveber

(Don't blame me, SSC... Amazon's Germany site spoiled this one :p)

51W0cYtamLL._SS400_.jpg

51d91wAN9ML._SS400_.jpg

41WfccD%2B4uL._SS400_.jpg

41JFYTI4WJL._SS400_.jpg

Leave it too Sideshow Collectibles to do something so feakin cool!!!!:chew:chew:chew

So Carl, probably safe to assume this will be the look of SSC packaging for Indy products, what's your feeling on the look?

So Carl, probably safe to assume this will be the look of SSC packaging for Indy products, what's your feeling on the look?
It's bland, unimaginative and I'm already sick of seeing it on everything.

HOWEVER, I'm not entirely 100% convinced that Sideshow will use this exact look for their 12" figure (though LFL might make them :banghead). This particular package wasn't done by SSC, it was done by Paramount and LFL.

It's bland, unimaginative and I'm already sick of seeing it on everything.

HOWEVER, I'm not entirely 100% convinced that Sideshow will use this exact look for their 12" figure (though LFL might make them :banghead). This particular package wasn't done by SSC, it was done by Paramount and LFL.

Well, that's a spec of hope. I agree it's unimaginative. I've only seen it a few times and it never struck me as a nice design.

Yeah, still disappointed at that. :(

Honestly, I've seen lots of signs that concern me when it comes to Sideshow's dedication to the INDY licenses and how aggressive they will handly the lines:

1) The fact that they had NOTHING ready around the time of the release of the first Indy film in almost 20 years (the only of the major licensees that this was the case)

2) The choice of Exclusive in the INDY PF

3) Absolutely no INDY exclusive item of any kind at SDCC

4) Not one additional 12" INDY announcement for over 5 months.

5) Delay in the production of the one and only INDY 12" product so far.

I gotta tell ya, I'm worried. I think we might all have gotten excited a bit prematurely thinking they would tackle this with the same gusto they did SW.

I'm surprised at the lack of attack right now. Just not ready to write it all off yet though. (not saying you are)

I'm surprised at the lack of attack right now. Just not ready to write it all off yet though. (not saying you are)

Oh, I'm not writing Sideshow and INDY off either... yet. SDCC will tell that tale.

If they announce 3 or more cool items there (with realistic shipping dates within the next several months) it might turn the tide.

Right now, though, I feel as though they've neglected this license and the potential it has (had).

Honestly, I've seen lots of signs that concern me when it comes to Sideshow's dedication to the INDY licenses and how aggressive they will handly the lines:

1) The fact that they had NOTHING ready around the time of the release of the first Indy film in almost 20 years (the only of the major licensees that this was the case)

2) The choice of Exclusive in the INDY PF

3) Absolutely no INDY exclusive item of any kind at SDCC

4) Not one additional 12" INDY announcement for over 5 months.

5) Delay in the production of the one and only INDY 12" product so far.

I gotta tell ya, I'm worried. I think we might all have gotten excited a bit prematurely thinking they would tackle this with the same gusto they did SW.

I'm with you there, and not just Indy. I'm really hoping SDCC shows positive things for a lot of stuff SSC's started. It sounded like the Jurassic Park dios would be a line, so far there's no sign of anything more than just the one diorama, dissappointing and of course there's Indy and LOTR.

As far as the Indy PF Exclusive, while not the coolest or whatever, I respect the idea behind it. They're impressed and proud of what Trev did with it and thought folks might like a portrait that shows off all his work with the hair and everything, and he did do a great sculpt job so as a Trev supporter, I'm happy to see his work in the spotlight like that.

Back