Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my replacement today in the UK. no customs and it's looking good. will upload some pics if you guys are curious

Was there any damage to it?

Not justifying the sending you a return, but if it looked great and you got a $250 bump, that's not bad!

Yup the hand holding the whip was broken also. I think someone pranked me saying it was their piece they returned. But gave up the joke in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after 6 months of waiting my replacement Thanos EX finally showed up. To start they used all the same boxes! The brown shipper is barely still together and the statue box won't even close. I thought for sure it'd be broke. He has a rattle inside of him where a broke piece is moving around and a couple small scratches on his armor both of which I can deal with since he's in one piece but the gauntlet doesn't work!!! It'll flash for a second and just not come on. I'm glad everything they've revealed this year are characters that already have better statues so I'm not interested. I've been buying Sideshow statues since 2008. I currently own 36 Sideshow statues but I've purchased way more than that number. This is the worst debacle I've ever seen.

Well after 6 months of waiting my replacement Thanos EX finally showed up. To start they used all the same boxes! The brown shipper is barely still together and the statue box won't even close. I thought for sure it'd be broke. He has a rattle inside of him where a broke piece is moving around and a couple small scratches on his armor both of which I can deal with since he's in one piece but the gauntlet doesn't work!!! It'll flash for a second and just not come on. I'm glad everything they've revealed this year are characters that already have better statues so I'm not interested. I've been buying Sideshow statues since 2008. I currently own 36 Sideshow statues but I've purchased way more than that number. This is the worst debacle I've ever seen.

Sorry to hear this. I’ve waited so long for a replacement also and at the end i kept what I had and took the credit. I didn’t want to chance getting a worse statue and then having no other replacement issued cause they ran out etc.

Hi to all

I have resc the thread and I have a doubt with recast and Sideshow figure

I am searching an original one regular Thanos (here EX version is more than impossible), one seller say me that he can sold our Thanos but he doesn’t have original boxes.

How can I difference recast of original one? Cause I have doubts about it

Hi to all

I am searching an original one regular Thanos (here EX version is more than impossible), one seller say me that he can sold our Thanos but he doesn’t have original boxes.

I haven't seen a recast yet so I have no idea.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hi to all

If the seller is from China, it's probably a recast. But I've also noticed the recasts on eBay are clearly labeled as recasts in the listing. You can tell it's authentic because it will have the original sideshow art box, the number on the bottom of the box, and the same number on the bottom of the statue.

If the seller is from China, it's probably a recast. But I've also noticed the recasts on eBay are clearly labeled as recasts in the listing. You can tell it's authentic because it will have the original sideshow art box, the number on the bottom of the box, and the same number on the bottom of the statue.

No, It’s a collector that lives near from mine. With differences I mean paint applications, colours... cause I never see an original Thanos

No, It’s a collector that lives near from mine. With differences I mean paint applications, colours... cause I never see an original Thanos
Recasts often look exactly the same as originals. Sometimes better. Sometimes worse. The only way to tell is by the number handwritten on the base.

Also you could also ask the seller to show you his order confirmation from Sideshow.

I find it pointless buying an exclusive without the art box. The box maybe just a box but it gives it way more value towards the piece. It also gives confidence in selling it with questions being thrown around.

I find it pointless buying an exclusive without the art box. The box maybe just a box but it gives it way more value towards the piece. It also gives confidence in selling it with questions being thrown around.

Agreed

Agreed

I second this. No box is a deal breaker, for me.

The figure is regular version (my english is so bad, sorry for this)

I have never buy a second hand figure without box but, in this case, i have a doubt with this cause, I know there are a lot of recast

The figure is regular version (my english is so bad, sorry for this)

I have never buy a second hand figure without box but, in this case, i have a doubt with this cause, I know there are a lot of recast

The recasts are mainly of the EX head which are reportedly slightly smaller that the original. I have heard that the body has been recast, but I haven't seen anything of that yet

But why would anyone throw away the art box and shipper for this piece, especially if there was even a sliver of a chance that they might be selling it. Doesn't make any sense.

Storage issue? My question is, does everyone keep the box and do you take the box apart for storage or leave it as is? I've kept all my boxes as is and I'm starting to run out of storage space. I keep thinking of throwing out all the foam protection and just taking the box apart to keep. I don't have the intent to sell these down the line but you never know.

I kept my mark 42 half scale box for 4 years and that thing was the size of a car. But my wife made me toss a lot of my boxes because of the storage room it was taking up. Something about storing baby cloths and toys. Idk what that means lol.

Back