Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offense but who cares about being active on forums? Honestly I want what I want and I don't care how I get it or what make it is or if it's a recast or not. Do I want to support people who steal other people's stuff... No I don't. But, I don't like spending a small Fortune on a hobby so If I can get the same thing for half the cost why the hell not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am torn about the whole custom/recast thing...as an artist myself(not of sculpture) clearly I come down on the side of hate the recast of an entire statue....now I also disdain artists that release the same art image as a high end serigraph and then release 3 different sizes of it, posters, lithographs, etc...and even that my views have changed on over the years as I was once 100% supportive of it. For me if I own the real deal statue and want a different head...so be it.

I think the whole EXCLUSIVE nonsense is crap any way and statue collectors just accept it. Sorry come out with one statue with everything and give it one edition run. And another thing is the whole different versions of the same statue painted different...I am supposed to be getting a unique statue that ...OH Guess what we are going to repaint it 3 ways and flood the market...yeah they really care about the collector.

True it’s still unlicensed copies of copyrighted characters. I wished there was a way to ban those on eBay selling those fake Thanos heads. Once they mix into the unknowingly collectors. It’s going to cause a huge mess. But don’t get me wrong. I like some of the customs but hate copies of the originals.

Ebay won’t do a thing as long as they’re making money on the listings

I don't think Facebook has all that much to do with it. I think it's the continues increase in cost for less and less quality products. I think Facebook and forums have brought to light all the issues with statue manufacturers and have given a lot of collectors pause when buying statues.

Why pay full price for a defective statue when you can pay 1/2, to. 1/3rd of the cost for a knock off and from what I've seen the knock offs have better quality.

Here's a spin on the topic. What if the factories are giving the crap statues to companies and keeping the good ones for sale as recasts???

I don't think Facebook has all that much to do with it. I think it's the continues increase in cost for less and less quality products. I think Facebook and forums have brought to light all the issues with statue manufacturers and have given a lot of collectors pause when buying statues.

Why pay full price for a defective statue when you can pay 1/2, to. 1/3rd of the cost for a knock off and from what I've seen the knock offs have better quality.

Here's a spin on the topic. What if the factories are giving the crap statues to companies and keeping the good ones for sale as recasts???

I agree. I also really don't see a difference between recasting something Sideshow mass produced, and making a custom. In the first scenario, the recaster is stealing the license/design from a corporation. In the 2nd example, the customs artist is stealing the rights to a character from Marvel and from whoever Marvel gave the license to.

I don't see stealing a character from Marvel as less illegal or frowned upon than stealing the design from Sideshow. It's equally illegal. Equally frowned upon.

I also don't think Sideshow would do anything to this forum if they decided to reintroduce the customs section. Is Sideshow really going to shut down the biggest forum and promoter of their products? I wouldn't have bought half the stuff I've bought if not for this forum. Having said that, if Sideshow threatened a forum I ran with legal action, I would comply as well :). But I digress.

I mentioned in an earlier post, what if Sideshow is running the EX head recasts market to get some extra cash from a sold out product.

I agree. I also really don't see a difference between recasting something Sideshow mass produced, and making a custom. In the first scenario, the recaster is stealing the license/design from a corporation. In the 2nd example, the customs artist is stealing the rights to a character from Marvel and from whoever Marvel gave the license to.

I don't see stealing a character from Marvel as less illegal or frowned upon than stealing the design from Sideshow. It's equally illegal. Equally frowned upon.

I also don't think Sideshow would do anything to this forum if they decided to reintroduce the customs section. Is Sideshow really going to shut down the biggest forum and promoter of their products? I wouldn't have bought half the stuff I've bought if not for this forum. Having said that, if Sideshow threatened a forum I ran with legal action, I would comply as well :). But I digress.

I mentioned in an earlier post, what if Sideshow is running the EX head recasts market to get some extra cash from a sold out product.

I believe the consequences wasn't exactly about forcing the closure of the website, it was more about the site losing its Sideshow affiliate status. Which I then assume provides a source of funding to keep the website open.

I believe the consequences wasn't exactly about forcing the closure of the website, it was more about the site losing its Sideshow affiliate status. Which I then assume provides a source of funding to keep the website open.

Oh I didn't realize it was an affiliate. I thought affiliates were only shops that resold Sideshow stuff. Thanks for the clarification.

If everyone thought that way then we'll just end up with a bunch of generic stuff because no one will put in the time to create something new. I don't know much about the knockoff market, but I find it hard to believe they have better quality. Lower price, of course - they didn't have to spend money on the licensing or the research, development, and design of the statue. Also, you won't have any warranty support on the figure so you're likely stuck with what you get in most cases (I can't believe you'd advocate for that).

Never thought I would see so many guys in this community willing to support recasts. Kind of sad actually.

While I do not support re-casts of entire statues. My question is how do you feel about things like the Iron Man from AA line and the Hulk from AA line?...I bought what I thought were unique collectibles in a set edition size...only to see SS flood the market with 2 other painted versions of the same exact statues. To me that is a kick in the nads.

While I do not support re-casts of entire statues. My question is how do you feel about things like the Iron Man from AA line and the Hulk from AA line?...I bought what I thought were unique collectibles in a set edition size...only to see SS flood the market with 2 other painted versions of the same exact statues. To me that is a kick in the nads.

I can understand your disappointment with Iron Man but sideshow announced that they would be releasing a gray and red HULK along with the green very early. I think it may have been even before the green one was put up for PO.

It just tells us that the true value to Sideshow doesn't equate to the increase that it'll cost them in international shipping.

I know Popcultcha does it sometimes, but does Sideshow sell returned goods. Specifically as damaged and second hand items?

They sold me a returned piece. The Wolf Predator Legendary Scale was not new. It was actually dusty and the whip was already attached to the piece which should not have been the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sold me a returned piece. The Wolf Predator Legendary Scale was not new. It was actually dusty and the whip was already attached to the piece which should not have been the case.

Sideshow sold it to you as new!?

Damn that's a bad business practice. Popcultcha I know tries to sell second hand and damaged items, but at 'discounted' prices at open events at their warehouse etc.

But even they once sent me by accident a returned broken piece. And it was quite obvious given that the box itself had a tape on it saying something about broken stock on it! The individual who packed mine must have been half blind that day.

Sideshow sold it to you as new!?

Damn that's a bad business practice. Popcultcha I know tries to sell second hand and damaged items, but at 'discounted' prices at open events at their warehouse etc.

But even they once sent me by accident a returned broken piece. And it was quite obvious given that the box itself had a tape on it saying something about broken stock on it! The individual who packed mine must have been half blind that day.

Popcultcha forgot to send my wonder woman 1:2 all together. Got an email saying dispatched with no tracking number and got nothing for 1 month. When i called i got it the next day though.

Very bad practices lol. They gave me $250 voucher so I guess it was a return!

Was there any damage to it?

Not justifying the sending you a return, but if it looked great and you got a $250 bump, that's not bad!

Mine is on its way back to SSC. Will be getting my replacement in a few days. Crossing fingers.

Back