Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ Yes full replacement. I had damage on the body and broken tooth on the left arm rest. The number did not change

they paint is better on this replacement too.

The paint was also better? Damn I’m happy for you congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm the only one who sideshow likes to screw over :(

Quick someone cry me a river please :)

Also to the note comment. I let see if I can find the picture. It was something along the lines of this statue was already sold and resold. Congrats on getting a broken piece. Something along those lines.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Also to the note comment. I let see if I can find the picture. It was something along the lines of this statue was already sold and resold. Congrats on getting a broken piece. Something along those lines.

Anyone who returns a statue to Sideshows should do the same. And noting down why they returned it.

LOL!! To be fair I did not inspect the entire statue under a magnifying glass or use a super zoom macro lens for pictures, or look for the slightest light bleed in the gauntlet in pitch black condition. If I had I'm sure I'd be able to find something objectionable :rotfl

got my replacement EX today. took 5 months but kudos to SS for (finally) QC'ing this piece.

3GO496B.jpg

0rL08ZB.jpg

Would you be able to post more pics of the back and stuff so we can see the paint differences etc thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL!! To be fair I did not inspect the entire statue under a magnifying glass or use a super zoom macro lens for pictures, or look for the slightest light bleed in the gauntlet in pitch black condition. If I had I'm sure I'd be able to find something objectionable :rotfl
Light bleed is the one thing I can't live with.

Light bleed is the one thing I can't live with.

I think in half the statues that I have a light up feature, I have bleeding issues. Actually probably more than half, as I have quite a few MCU Iron Man pieces, and none of them don't have a light bleeding issue.

Though a few I've been able to dampen the issue myself, by filling up some of the tiny gaps between armour plates around the light ups with coloured putty etc.

besides the 2 sellers from china on eBay, are there any other sources to get a smiling head? I have the non EX version and really want the smiling portrait.

That head is a recast, and considering that there is no longer an acceptance of ACTUAL customs on most forums any one who is careless enough to post a link to illegal recasts is risking being banned from not only this forum, but all forums.

Last edited:
That head is a recast, and considering that there is no longer an acceptance of ACTUAL customs on most forums any one who is GALACTICALLY STUPID enough to post a link to illegal recasts is risking being banned from not only this forum, but all forums.

you act like there isn't a PM function. wait, did you just say galactically stupid? lighten up Francis.

you act like there isn't a PM function. wait, did you just say galactically stupid? lighten up Francis.

You are right, but you aren't some noobie you have been around almost as long as I have. This place HATED recast even before SSC dropped the hammer on affiliated groups posting customs.

Yeah seriously lol. People loooove customs. It's equally as illegal.

You are right, but we aren't suppose to talk about those here anymore either, and I think these EX copies are at least partially acceptable. I have never seen guys so willing to accept a recast of an EX as they have been for this piece, and they haven't been quiet about it.

Last edited:
You are right, but you aren't some noobie you have been around almost as long as I have. This place HATED recast even before SSC dropped the hammer on affiliated groups posting customs.

You are right, but we aren't suppose to talk about those here anymore either,mane I think these EX copies are at least partially acceptable. I have never seen guys so will to accept a recast of an EX upas they have been for this piece,mans they haven't been quiet about it.

Yeah that's true. People have always hated recasts here.

Yeah seriously lol. People loooove customs. It's equally as illegal.

True it’s still unlicensed copies of copyrighted characters. I wished there was a way to ban those on eBay selling those fake Thanos heads. Once they mix into the unknowingly collectors. It’s going to cause a huge mess. But don’t get me wrong. I like some of the customs but hate copies of the originals.

Customs are small runs of an artists personal work, not mass produced knock offs of the original piece. In my opinion there is a difference.

Back