Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much is the EX nowadays

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've seen the EX sell for around $1600. It's best to see if you can pick this up from a local seller. This is a HUGE box so shipping costs won't be cheap. The days of the EX selling for $2200 - $2500 are pretty much done. If your hunting for an EX, the forums and facebook is the way to go. Sellers on ebay are still trying to get a healthy markup on this.

I've seen the EX sell for around $1600. It's best to see if you can pick this up from a local seller. This is a HUGE box so shipping costs won't be cheap. The days of the EX selling for $2200 - $2500 are pretty much done. If your hunting for an EX, the forums and facebook is the way to go. Sellers on ebay are still trying to get a healthy markup on this.
I see. I bought a Reg when they were in stock. I never thought I would be able to find a good deal on the EX. I will start looking now. Thanks.

What are the best BST groups on FB for statues?

I don't know which is the best but I've used Statue Collectors BST and Sideshow Collectibles (unofficial). I'm sure there's more but I'm not very well versed using Facebook. I have a fake account I use just to hunt down statues and comics on occasion. I'm not friends with anyone nor do I post any personal info on Facebook so I don't use it much. Maybe someone else here can post some more BST groups for you, but in the meantime, you can start with the two I mentioned above.

I see. I bought a Reg when they were in stock. I never thought I would be able to find a good deal on the EX. I will start looking now. Thanks.

Yeah, I picked up an EX locally for a good price late last summer. Now I've put myself in a pickle. I have the OG XM Thanos and the EX MAQ. I only need one 1/4 Thanos in my collection but I can't bring myself to sell either statue because I like them both so much. Each brings their own unique flavor to the character. XM is a great classic take on the character and the MAQ is a stunning modern take on it. For right now, I'm keeping both.

I have a feeling a lot of statues in general are going to be put up for sale in the near future because of the current economic crisis. Hopefully, there will be some good deals and you can score an EX. Good luck.

Good looks filips. Never seen one on hand. Read it is 1/4 but looks pretty big.

The MAQ is a stunning piece. A real work of art. If any statue needed a lazy Susan...this is most definitely it. The chair alone is immensely detailed and jaw dropping. I bought a lazy Susan for it and he gets viewed from multiple angles when friends and family come over (unfortunely, not much of that going on lately). He's most definitely bigger than 1/4 scale. He's absolutely MASSIVE. The MAQ is definitely closer to 1/3 scale. The XM Thanos is perfectly scaled at 1/4 and the MAQ is definitely larger. It's not much of a display issue though because he's in a seated position. That was one of the things that worried me the most before I bought him. Would he look awkward in my collection since he's over scaled? Thankfully, he does not.

This is a phenomenal piece if you're not stuck on a more classic looking Thanos. If a classic Thanos is more your thing, I'd suggest the XM Thanos. The XM Thanos has it's flaws (paint apps are a bit flat on the piece), but the sculpt is really good, it's got a ton of switch out pieces, and he's in his classic costume. Not to mention, the XM Thanos is very reasonably priced in the aftermarket. The nice thing is we have a good amount of choices when it comes to a 1/4 Thanos nowadays. XM is even releasing a new modern Thanos with Mistress Death. It's a good time to be a 1/4 Thanos fan.

Back