Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sold out. First day of pre-order I believe.

It was the same price as this @ $930 but with free worldwide shipping. Through TNS figures.

It sold out in hours.

I prefer the Taurus also but if i couldn't get the Taurus i would buy this for sure.

I agree with a lot of the comments regarding the Ex. should have been the Reg. Imo bad planning on SSC part....hopefully theyll learn from this in the future. Ive skipped this piece altogether...just left a bad impression from the get go. Maybe someone will release a custom head as from what ive seen as even the Ex. sculpt had had some flaws on delivery - from the video reviews i've seen. Congrats to those that received a flawless piece though, the piece does have presence.

I agree with a lot of the comments regarding the Ex. should have been the Reg. Imo bad planning on SSC part....hopefully theyll learn from this in the future. Ive skipped this piece altogether...just left a bad impression from the get go. Maybe someone will release a custom head as from what ive seen as even the Ex. sculpt had had some flaws on delivery - from the video reviews i've seen. Congrats to those that received a flawless piece though, the piece does have presence.

There are custom heads being done as we speak! And arguably they are better versions than the exclusive head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My take on collecting is for the fun and love for the item. Collecting for reselling is for businesses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My take on collecting is for the fun and love for the item. Collecting for reselling is for businesses

That’s great if you have infinite space. I have to make hard decisions about what to part with if I buy a new piece. Knowing that I’ll take a loss or maybe break even on most of what I sell, it’s nice to know that I might profit occasionally to make up for some of those losses.

I agree.
Don't get me wrong I've sold some of my collection off and made a ton of Cash of some of them but they were bought to be my collection.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That’s great if you have infinite space. I have to make hard decisions about what to part with if I buy a new piece. Knowing that I’ll take a loss or maybe break even on most of what I sell, it’s nice to know that I might profit occasionally to make up for some of those losses.

Nothing wrong with that. I just don't take 'value' into consideration as I personally don't buy on a gut feeling. I made a list and I'm very picky about what I buy. Not always easy, but that is my... Game plan if you will

Nothing wrong with that. I just don't take 'value' into consideration as I personally don't buy on a gut feeling. I made a list and I'm very picky about what I buy. Not always easy, but that is my... Game plan if you will

I agree! I choose only few statues a year. I’ve hardly got rid of any! But I collect for the art more than the value of the piece or what it might fetch down the road. I call that a bonus if it fetches a lot. Thanos came and went I didn’t pull the trigger as I could get the regular which I prefer cheaper locally. The exclusive though very nice wasn’t a big deal to me. It still isn’t.

At least people tat missed the exclusive have an option at least

Probably cause they work all day and SS REQUIRES a signature

I just sign up for an account with UPS for free and have them hold the package for me to pick up at facility. It saves the statue from being thrown on van again and at my house. I've done this over a dozen times with SS statues. Never had a damaged statue.

I've done this with FedEx as well with other producers. Same result.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just sign up for an account with UPS for free and have them hold the package for me to pick up at facility. It saves the statue from being thrown on van again and at my house. I've done this over a dozen times with SS statues. Never had a damaged statue.

Hmm awesome I’ll look into that. Ty

I agree! I choose only few statues a year. I’ve hardly got rid of any! But I collect for the art more than the value of the piece or what it might fetch down the road. I call that a bonus if it fetches a lot. Thanos came and went I didn’t pull the trigger as I could get the regular which I prefer cheaper locally. The exclusive though very nice wasn’t a big deal to me. It still isn’t.

At least people tat missed the exclusive have an option at least

For us its just to much money to get an ex. A US resident it costs them $15 or so dollars to get the EX us in Australia it costs us a few hundred more. It is very rare for me to get an EX plenty of quality custom additions out there that can really improve your piece.

I found this guy on facebook that is making heat vision portrait and another portrait for the 1:2 prime 1 superman ( i know this piece didn't come with an ex its just an example) and new hands to go with it i asked him for fist hands he is considering it.

I've done this with FedEx as well with other producers. Same result.

Every statue I’ve bought from XM I pick up from the facility wether UPS FEDEX OR DHL. I really makes sense to do this I think

Got a question for you guys. Completely off topic.

I'm considering selling my entire spawn collection. I have almost every issue and every cover. Except for some of the newer issued ones.

Where is the best place to sell comic lots? eBay fees are just too much.

Got a question for you guys. Completely off topic.

I'm considering selling my entire spawn collection. I have almost every issue and every cover. Except for some of the newer issued ones.

Where is the best place to sell comic lots? eBay fees are just too much.

Try the CGC message board.

You can have all the custom heads in the world. At the end of the day, the exclusive is what has value.

Sometimes. I've seen plenty of custom pieces add tremendous value to a statue when done correctly. I totally understand OG, but don't discount customs. Imagine adding a custom head sculpt with multiple portraits or a light up smiling sculpt or both with a flawless paint job, and see just how much someone would pay for that. If people are paying $930 for a Thanos gauntlet that's only $270 short of this maquette and you still have to use batteries for, trust me, this would sell and make just as much or more than the EX.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1520261140.812515.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1520261153.751018.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1520261171.104899.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1520261180.727522.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1520261189.691729.jpg

Meet this masterpiece by Sideshow.

Back