Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised some people are still trying to sell their ex for $3k. I would pull the trigger for $2k, but definitely not 3 lol

PO'd: SSC Avengers assemble: Thor, Hulk, and Wasp/SSC Spider-Gwen/SSC Silk/SSC Thanos EX/SSC Wolverine/XM-Studios Hulkbuster/XM-Studios Spider-Man/XM-Studios Electro/RCB Future Foundation Spider-Man/RCB Iron Spider-Man/IBD Onslaught/IBD Sentry/IBD Agent Venom/IBD Hyperion/IBD Superior Spider-man/IBD Iron Spider-Man

Are you on fb? A guy is selling one for $2k.

Just when we though SS has stepped up their qc, especially w such a expensive hyped up piece. Apparently nop

I think it just scares me the contrast of excellent pieces to broken ones. I don't think we get many problems from XM and Prime, which bothers me most. Why is there such a difference? What does XM/Prime do that Sideshow doesn't? Obviously, I get the packaging is stellar, but one can't help by wonder.

Maybe XM and P1 send their people to actually qc the goods at the factory.

Seems like SS gambled, large ES vs QC. I hope everyone with problems definitely lets SS know about them and either cash in or return. Maybe they'll focus more on QC and packaging a little more than how many they sell. This practice (if true) will cost them in the end on this piece. It's a shame this is happening on such a beautiful maquette with the potential to be one of their greatest pieces. I know every statue has its share of problems but, legs completely severed, super thin Polystone, on so many, that's pretty sad especially at this price point IMO.

Sideshow has a Monopoly in the usa. And knowing this you have to ask a few questions.

1) if we spend more money doing QC with out increasing prices we lose X$
2) if we change nothing and we lose half the amount of statues to defects we're still up 50%.
3) change nothing and increase prices. We'll be up X$.

From a business stand point they pick #3 because who else are you going to buy from? Getting statues imported is very very $$$$$. And you run a huge risk with getting a broken one and not being able to return it.

As much as I hate sideshow for there BS. There making smart moves on the business side. Because again who else are you going to buy from?

Xm and prime one actually care about there reputation. Thus why they actually care about their QC. When they release a statue with an ES. Easily 90% will be perfect.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DSC04683.jpg
DSC04684.jpg
DSC04685.jpg

Late to the game, just received him he's epic!

It's here. ok the art box wasn't even put together correctly. Bottom piece wasn't attached nor was I the top lid.
66ce0a83c790fb8c628b6e8e165839ff.jpg

Well...........

HOLY ****!! This thing is amazing. Only a few issues. One Nick on the hand that's attached to the arm. But it's hidden when you connect the statue.

b967c416f65e5aba6a562b84956b4630.jpg
313b20469f474f90dc5aa03060dce28a.jpg
9f65fd6877086ba450d8b8994a37c811.jpg
d262f5f702cb7628fa8b88b79cce624e.jpg

Ok so the statue is amazing.
Here's my list of the bads.
- Little over priced for it's scale.
- lack of lights on the throne. I feel like the throne is awesome as is but would be awesome with some blue lights on the rim of the chair.
- my office is a little dark. This makes seeing his face externally hard. I feel like if some of the lights in the chair were added they could have made a badass glow affect on thanos.
- the two pics are of his left and right knees.

Overall amazing statue. This piece demands attention more then any half scale I have from sideshow.
b63cd99d6db5cc726a8fff9eeac46b7f.jpg
27cd8b10c059fe25f0060e135e936314.jpg

Mine has a couple of paint issues, but it come in one piece. Wondering if a discount is worth it or if they would actually send a replacement

PO'd: SSC Avengers assemble: Thor, Hulk, and Wasp/SSC Spider-Gwen/SSC Silk/SSC Thanos EX/SSC Wolverine/XM-Studios Hulkbuster/XM-Studios Spider-Man/XM-Studios Electro/RCB Future Foundation Spider-Man/RCB Iron Spider-Man/IBD Onslaught/IBD Sentry/IBD Agent Venom/IBD Hyperion/IBD Superior Spider-man/IBD Iron Spider-Man

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here yet or not, but if you want to take your chances, there's a Chinese dealer on ebay selling just the exclusive head for $188 with free shipping. I pulled the trigger just in case...it still feels a bit pricey but dammit if I won't be happy if it turns out to be a nice piece.

On another note, does anyone know of a good turn table that could support the weight of this statue and doesn't cost too much?

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here yet or not, but if you want to take your chances, there's a Chinese dealer on ebay selling just the exclusive head for $188 with free shipping. I pulled the trigger just in case...it still feels a bit pricey but dammit if I won't be happy if it turns out to be a nice piece.

On another note, does anyone know of a good turn table that could support the weight of this statue and doesn't cost too much?

I'm sure it's a recast, just an FYI.

Exclusive heads aren't going to be floating around, especially if more than one is available.

I messaged that seller asking if its original he said its made from the same chinese factory as sideshow so i would assume that means recast.

I messaged that seller asking if its original he said its made from the same chinese factory as sideshow so i would assume that means recast.

It's crazy how people capitalize on opportunities like that. I would drop Sideshow an email about that. I'm sure they would find it pretty interesting.

Back