Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure it's a recast, just an FYI.

Exclusive heads aren't going to be floating around, especially if more than one is available.

Sorry, I should have been more clear...there's no doubt that it's a recast, but if it's a choice between having it and not having it, I'll take my chances and see if it holds up. The seller has almost 800 reviews with an almost 100% rating and a good return policy...plus I'm going through Paypal, so I feel pretty safe that if it turns out to be crap that I'll be able to get my money back.

Sorry, I should have been more clear...there's no doubt that it's a recast, but if it's a choice between having it and not having it, I'll take my chances and see if it holds up. The seller has almost 800 reviews with an almost 100% rating and a good return policy...plus I'm going through Paypal, so I feel pretty safe that if it turns out to be crap that I'll be able to get my money back.

For me (and I respect your opinion along with everyone else here), I can't support recasts. I'd just pass altogether.

There will be customs head to be made for sure. Just hope its not gonna be pricey

This thread has turned into a QC nightmare. : (

Sorry guys.

Hopefully Sideshow comes through.

Yeah but it isn’t as bad as other Threads I’ve witnessed. This piece for some reason does something to collectors that have it. Maybe because it’s Thanks and the piece still is fantastic regarding if it’s short coming on QC lol. I would never pay 2K for the exclusive when there are guys out there doing custom heads that might potentially be better than sideshows lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like SS gambled, large ES vs QC. I hope everyone with problems definitely lets SS know about them and either cash in or return. Maybe they'll focus more on QC and packaging a little more than how many they sell. This practice (if true) will cost them in the end on this piece. It's a shame this is happening on such a beautiful maquette with the potential to be one of their greatest pieces. I know every statue has its share of problems but, legs completely severed, super thin Polystone, on so many, that's pretty sad especially at this price point IMO.

Did they ever have this amount of issues with statues such as Gladiator Hulk or Lobo or even Bane? Why this piece?

It's crazy how people capitalize on opportunities like that. I would drop Sideshow an email about that. I'm sure they would find it pretty interesting.

I don’t have the exclusive. But I still feel it’s completely wrong for Chinese sellers to nab recasts from the factory and be selling them on EBay. It’s not the way it was intended and this recast business is getting out of control

I don't really want that ex head i want a red light up eye grinning head and will be getting a custom. I bought the Darkseid head from Dyna he will be getting delivered and painted in the coming weeks will look great together both on with light up eyes.

I took some time to inspect my Thanos and saw nothing major, but I did see quite a few flaws in the painting. I normally would not mind too much, but for the price I paid, I'm going to bring it up with SSC.
e4dcf0305eeb80ac5b6d1a53f3e70405.jpg
f38a4aac86139b40e703e8f1e34f540c.jpg
c512ea03d0d8873578e8ada5f59bd5d1.jpg
c5f73d51686e76420267174349c414f9.jpg
5ca79731f7aebf5b372c198ebbbf462c.jpg
8481a016b698519f78757917e5322658.jpg
00d8e49ce833db821c9374bccd453079.jpg
edc9b5b1be8b856e80be2475f612e2ff.jpg
73228e29b26d08d25154fd154efa235f.jpg
6e85a7cbe17b8a99a70c2c3eca2d25c7.jpg
e1affc94526f011df227f56c0f93b9eb.jpg
caa18037c5b2bf78192ed7e0db2316d3.jpg
6f0fa863442313354078d86180717b0b.jpg
86debeffec795d490a3b7141193699a5.jpg
635e108d1f50571e70cf26148dd3df1f.jpg
40c90dcd3ec8bfce3fa83a2f2234a31e.jpg

I know the damaged box is not their fault, but that ruins the collectability a little for me.
2cdeb9828263c17d0d326854cebc6dc8.jpg

There probably more, but I'm tired and don't feel like looking for more now.

Great inspection. I'll have to look at mine closer. Sadly sideshow will only.give.you 10% discount.

Another person asked if other lines have this many issues. Yes almost every piece sideshow pits out have 50% returned. I went through 3 mark 7, 3 Galactus, 2 civil war iron man.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Recasters are thieves. I don’t support thieves.

Did you buy any XM? :lol

I think he's referring to the ebay listing selling EX portraits of this Thanos MAQ. Someone over at the other forum said he saw a listing of the EX portrait for $190 on the bay being sold out of China. Supposedly, he contacted the seller and the seller said the EX portraits are not recasts but actual portraits made at the same factory as the MAQ. If this is even remotely true, it's a HUGE problem. The same rumors happened with the original Iron Man COM when it was recasted and sold on the bay and that ravaged the value of that piece. Recasters are just killing this hobby. It doesn't matter if you are a SSC or XM fan.

I think he's referring to the ebay listing selling EX portraits of this Thanos MAQ. Someone over at the other forum said he saw a listing of the EX portrait for $190 on the bay being sold out of China. Supposedly, he contacted the seller and the seller said the EX portraits are not recasts but actual portraits made at the same factory as the MAQ. If this is even remotely true, it's a HUGE problem. The same rumors happened with the original Iron Man COM when it was recasted and sold on the bay and that ravaged the value of that piece. Recasters are just killing this hobby. It doesn't matter if you are a SSC or XM fan.
The mark 7 half scale recasts came from the same factories. A buddy of mine got one and it came with the same boxes, and the same sideshow stamp on the bottom. Only difference was the recast was better quality then the one I got from sideshow.

There's a conspiracy for you. What if the factories make sideshows pieces like crap and the recasts amazingly well, so people would buy directly from them for more profit.

Side note. I don't think recasts are killing the hobby I think the companies are doing that themselves. Prices are getting out of hand from sideshow, xm, prime 1. Ex. If anything the secondary market is killing the hobby. People refuse to sell statues unless they make 60% profit on it.

The mark 7 half scale recasts came from the same factories. A buddy of mine got one and it came with the same boxes, and the same sideshow stamp on the bottom. Only difference was the recast was better quality then the one I got from sideshow.

There's a conspiracy for you. What if the factories make sideshows pieces like crap and the recasts amazingly well, so people would buy directly from them for more profit.

Side note. I don't think recasts are killing the hobby I think the companies are doing that themselves. Prices are getting out of hand from sideshow, xm, prime 1. Ex. If anything the secondary market is killing the hobby. People refuse to sell statues unless they make 60% profit on it.

I think that there are many issues that hurt this hobby. High pricing, multiple companies pushing out tons of merch, and ridiculous edition sizes are all contributing factors as well. Recasting doesn't help matters any either.

I contacted that ebay seller asking him if it was an original authentic head. He messaged me back the following:

"Dear,The EX head Come form China factory,The same as sideshow,Welcome and thanks again"

I think that there are many issues that hurt this hobby. High pricing, multiple companies pushing out tons of merch, and ridiculous edition sizes are all contributing factors as well. Recasting doesn't help matters any either.

This sounds just about right

This sounds just about right

You also have the problem of tax! Tax tax tax. All these resellers lol. Edition sizes sucks really bad. Nothing is worth **** these days. I even think Thanos on Throne edition size is too much lol. Not that I care. But it’s a bit crazy right now how statue prices are getting out of hand. Weta got it completely wrong with their first masters series Gollum at $2,250 AUD and only standing 17 inches tall. Regardless of the detail. If that thing isn’t spot on to the prototype it will really suck badly.

Every company is pulling a cinemaquette on collectors and mass producing way too much to even call it a collectable. 3000 pieces is ridiculous right lol

Killing the hobby, hmm.. that's an interesting topic. I know some said hurting, that's different, but still interesting and closely related.

It all seems like a cycle to me. Will collectors really stop collecting when things like this happen? Sure some will, especially veteran collectors, but for everyone who gets frustrated and/or priced out of the hobby, new un-experienced collectors are coming in and even long time collectors still pop back in every now and then to get a piece they've been waiting a long time to have, sometimes even when these issues still exist. I mean, most of us probably came into this hobby when others were priced out and/or frustrated prior. A lot of these same problems existed prior to most of us joining, and previous collectors have voiced some of the same issues. As technology advances, unfortunately prices tend to rise and all the other stuff that go along with it (QC etc..) so on. So, does it ever really end? or is it a cycle? Plus collectors are never really happy! :lol Hmmm... Think about the times when you are fed up with this hobby, then they finally make a piece you just can't live without (this Thanos is that piece for some). This is not meant to offend or contradict, just my thoughts. What do you guys think?

Back