Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bbf1c08b9e9bb3f82e24ec146b3f3c6c.jpg

86a4483097946531fe1197810a5f5b8a.jpg

da3713fe6a8711de0c053067c8d73a01.jpg

f475d0dbf30bbd5b2cb20c8e24b9756a.jpg

57de2420030fe13f4bd114e4a3e327b2.jpg

0754b245a679ae269110e7c758898d75.jpg

f3aaa18c260ec8f5baed08c83fc4ff49.jpg

They should have just made this head the ce Version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like even SS is taunting collectors who couldn't get the ex lol.you'd think by now they wanna push as much reg as possible lol

They swapped the gauntlet yesterday. MMs one was a prototype. Updated one will be the one shipping. They said this looks more like gems. Looks much better.
65f860bb95885fa90f2ff2a05a8dce8d.jpg
a1e10e837bf420e21132977db77b257a.png

I would've bougt this in an instance right now if the Ex head were the normal one. At approx $1800 incl shipping and taxes, this need to be perfect for me to buy and I'm not sure it is with the normal head.. I feel it's a bit boring, doesn't show the menace in Thanos. Too bad because the piece is otherwise a killer beast! But I will probably have to pass on it now.

I would've bougt this in an instance right now if the Ex head were the normal one. At approx $1800 incl shipping and taxes, this need to be perfect for me to buy and I'm not sure it is with the normal head.. I feel it's a bit boring, doesn't show the menace in Thanos. Too bad because the piece is otherwise a killer beast! But I will probably have to pass on it now.

While the EX portrait is great flipper bait, sales wise I think SS made a poor judgement call. Had the regular included both portraits I would have definitely purchased by now. They could have made the exclusive a non-gauntlet hand holding the cosmic cube. It might not have sold out as quickly (although I would have jumped all over it and been ticked if I missed out), but I think in the long run they would have sold out of the entire run far faster. To spend $1,200 on a statue and only get one portrait feels like a slap in the face. Flippers will be trying to dump these on the secondary market for hugely inflated prices as soon as they start shipping. Custom heads and arms will start showing up a few months later. Sure Sideshow will eventually sell through the run, but it will probably be as a result of offering discounts, which will cut into the profit margin. If they end up having to warehouse a chunk of these for months or years that will also reduce profit margin. Their real goal is to sell through before shipping.

Last edited:
Could not agree more. New to the hobby, but it strikes me odd that they would show him off with the Ex head all weekend when that's already sold out. A head that he really should come with. I've thought about preordering a few times but without the Ex head it's kinda meh.

This piece is exclusive or fail. I keep thinking of ordering the ce, but I know I would be upset not having the head sculpt I want. I agree with the common sentiment that they could have sold so much more if they had a different exclusive. The best part of the statue should not be the exclusive. Also, what they are advertising to potential new customers is a bit of a bait and switch. Why display the statue with the head that you can't buy?

Yeah I also think it was a weird call not including the cosmic cube, at least as an exclusive. His pose is perfect for holding it in his hands. $1200 on 3500 pieces is much, especially when there's absolutely no display options! Although the piece is killer and have been well received, I'm not surprised if they will struggle to sell 3500 regulars at this price. Custom heads will definitely be available but I'm very hesitant having to pay another $150-200 extra at this price.

Agreed, I will never buy this piece without the exclusive head. It's sad that it sold out so fast.

Lol all slideshow did for thanos this weekend is getting a buncha collectors / attendees interested in this piece, go online, and realize its not the portrait they want. I was never going to po this. Doesnt fit in my budget as i have other items on po. But if it had the ex portrait as an alternative instead of ex i would find a way haha. Hell they could have made a reg face angry showing teeth would have been great. One angry and one smirk. How tue hell do they plan on getting rid of 3500 pieces at that price point when every thread and board i see is "ex or fail" and sideshow only keeps promoting the ex. Major cojones on ss[emoji23]

Yea man, gonna be tough to clear out 3500 regulars at $1200 a piece. I might pick it up for $800 though.

Back