Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully this is at NYCC

Igo said in the other forum, that the statue is currently not painted (Bane), and Marvel told them to not display him, until it is painted.
Sadly it will not be in NYCC.
But Igo said some Marvel baddies will be shown.

I have the bowen museum piece with the cosmic cube, I love that statue also so good in 1/6. I am just waiting to see the new sideshow to determine if I go with the new Thanos PF or the old Thanos comiquette. The price of the comiquette is trending down since a lot of people are getting rid of them in anticipation of the PF

Yeah, all of the Bowen Thanos statues look real good IMO. You can't go wrong with either of them.

I am going on Friday hoping the crowds are not as bad as Saturday which is wall to wall people (two years ago where I went for the weekend)

I am going on Friday hoping the crowds are not as bad as Saturday which is wall to wall people (two years ago where I went for the weekend)

Last year they improved the crowd situation dramatically - they widened walking lanes and seemed to have fewer overall vendors. Still crowded, but it ended up being far more enjoyable than two years ago - 2014 NYCC was really claustrophobic and overwhelming comparatively.

I just went to Boston and it was a nightmare. I just go for the comic artists and some of the waits were 2+ hours.
I have 3 or 4 must have artists at nycc and maybe 6 or so more if I have time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess Phil Noto said he was going to be at NYCC, and he is THE one piece I need from an artist, but I just can't make it there.

Last year they improved the crowd situation dramatically - they widened walking lanes and seemed to have fewer overall vendors. Still crowded, but it ended up being far more enjoyable than two years ago - 2014 NYCC was really claustrophobic and overwhelming comparatively.
That's good to hear.. Cause 2014 nycc was way too crowded, you couldn't move at times

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I actually like the kotobukiya thanos better[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't stand the costume on the Koto Thanos. For me personally, all the Bowen Thanos statues look better than the Koto Thanos. But hey, different strokes for different folks. We all like what we like.

I can't stand the costume on the Koto Thanos. For me personally, all the Bowen Thanos statues look better than the Koto Thanos. But hey, different strokes for different folks. We all like what we like.

:exactly: I am with you on the koto thanos, I was going to pick it up and add it to the cosmic collection and the costume does not work for me in any way, totally ruined the piece for me. I admit I am an old school comic collector so I am biased to the Ron Lim style thanos.

Its a different thanos for sure and I respect people who like it better but as you said to each his own

:exactly: I am with you on the koto thanos, I was going to pick it up and add it to the cosmic collection and the costume does not work for me in any way, totally ruined the piece for me. I admit I am an old school comic collector so I am biased to the Ron Lim style thanos.

Its a different thanos for sure and I respect people who like it better but as you said to each his own

Agreed. Perez/Starlin/Lim classic Thanos for me personally. All day, every day. I can't stand Marvel Now so I have no interest in any costumes that represent this era of comics.

This needs to get unveiled. I'm not a villain guy, but I can see this in my collection if the final product is right.

I can see this being a must-own. I just wish we had more to go with at this point.

Yeah you can never have enough Thanos statues. There are many awesome ones, XM made a nice one recently. My favorite of all time though is the original sideshow Thanos mistress death comiquette, this statue captured the Starlin/Lim infinity Gauntlet series perfectly. Shiftlett brothers bowen piece, Bowen thanos on throne, Bowen museum (with cosmic cube), Kotobukiya Thanos (not to my personnel liking), Marvel Milestones: Thanos Statue (not a fan of this one either). I am missing some but this character has some nice statues.

With all that said I am looking forward to this piece

Back