Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2290.jpg

I can't find this costume design anywhere?

It's either SS own version of his Marvel Now costume, or it's a new costume from his next movie appearance.

I can't find this costume design anywhere?

It's either SS own version of his Marvel Now costume, or it's a new costume from his next movie appearance.

I have a Funny Feeling that they are basing him on this, with there own creative artistic license by SSC, adding the Gauntlet and Throne

thanos-top-116936-1748x984.jpg

Ok, so now we have an idea on the art concept. We shall see how the sculpt turns out.

From the other site

He's definitely 1:4 scale... now based on your preference for his actual height / size, it depends if you think Thanos is supposed to be 6' tall, or closer to 7'-7'6"ish… If you think he's supposed to be closer to 6', this might get mistaken with a 1:3 scale label. If you think Thanos is closer to 7'6'"ish… BIG… then he's definitely 1:4 scale.

The teaser images in this thread give you a good idea of how involved the design is. It isnt classic "simple" by any means, but it was inspired by the classic look. As you can see in the teaser, he doesnt have a single gold strip going down his chest, but segmented armor plating… its similar thinking across the piece. Things are broken up, re-worked, etc.

To me, if you know the movie version, there is no mistaking this guy for the movie take, especially with the portrait. Fans who want a more "classic" take on the portrait style, they'll be happy… Fans who want the costume design follow the classic look to a "T", they wont be happy…

Im stoked for the full reveal. The 12 Days teaser was a color 3D render, the guy's in physical paint now, and he's looking phenomenal… You guys will see him wayyyy before SDCC. Not sure when exactly, but it's not too far off.

I'm super pumped about this one. Maybe too hyped. I hope it doesn't let us down. I really like what Igo is saying though. This sounds like it's right up my alley.

I don't get why SSC just didn't label this piece a PF. The Doom PF is 1/4 scale on a large 1/4 scale throne. Why call this a MAQ instead of a PF?

I don't get why SSC just didn't label this piece a PF. The Doom PF is 1/4 scale on a large 1/4 scale throne. Why call this a MAQ instead of a PF?

Probably because it's a movie/comic/custom inspired piece. The doom on throne followed a comic theme.

(Grabbing at straws here. Hahaha)

To be able to charge even more money.
Honestly, I do associate Maquettes with more $$$, but also larger scale. I would like to believe it's because of the latter, but the name itself is synonymous with more $$$ - and may only be because of the name.

Back