Statue Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he means this:

01cover.jpg

Which would be awesome!

I would come out of turtle hiding if they executed a post like this for all of them.:lecture

Need Turtles PFs from first movie. Or just Turtle PFs period. Cut the comiquette crap! But cant wait to see that April Oneal comiquette (probably with Casey's mask as an EX as seen in the preview sketches from last year)

1/6 scale tmnt figures from the 1990 movie would be a grail. I wonder what they are gonna do with the new turtle movie figures?

1/6 scale tmnt figures from the 1990 movie would be a grail. I wonder what they are gonna do with the new turtle movie figures?

I'm still sitting with fingers crossed the new turtles look good :lecture Once we know that we can go from there :lol

Honestly, I'm a lifelong, pretty fanatic turtles guy, but I'll probably pass on any 1/6 scale stuff. Just don't compare to the statues.

I with you on that. Since I got the SS statues I have passed on every figure since. They just don't compare. Although those NECA Turtles are badass. I'm glad I have a few sets of those they are the best figures released IMO.

Nothing wrong with Comiquettes :lecture

Don't like em don't buy em end of

My real gripe about the comiquettes is really me being pissed off at myself for having not bought them upon release. Lol so hoping they go to PF is a way for me to get the characters I really want with better detail that the comiquettes could ever deliver. But im still hoping for that April they previewed. Also hoping new turtles look sick too (so I can get me some super sick PFs)

I with you on that. Since I got the SS statues I have passed on every figure since. They just don't compare. Although those NECA Turtles are badass. I'm glad I have a few sets of those they are the best figures released IMO.

The action figure stuff is a different story. I have almost the entire original vintage line MOC, the entire 2K3 line MOC, and a few of the Nick turtles. Definitely dig the NECAs, too.

tmnt%201.jpg

Just thought I would post these for your opinions on the new Movie figs

ninja-turtle-restoration-after2.jpg

I thought this was a good pic for comparison. Its a pic of a restored movie costume.
10717841-large.jpg

tmnt14.jpg

tumblr_m24zmuw1SO1rojksqo1_500.jpg

Looking at these old pics they really were amazing suits for their time and the brothers look fantastic.

While I think the fig looks good it's still not what I really want. A statue is the way to go here. I need the proportions to be accurate. For example he seems to short and fat and the shoulders are terribly placed. I think I would pick up a Mickey just because I'm a fan. Price will play a part but I think the wait will continue for me. This just isn't what I'm looking for.

Funny when I think about it but if I saw this years ago before SS I would have been chomping at the bit for this :dunno

Well, the difference is that the figure will be $20 and a statue would be more like $200. I like the idea, but it seems pointless unless done correctly. Why do we need a movie figure 25 years after the fact? The classics line should focus on an array of characters or on characters who were never released, perhaps even from the Archie comics. I'm sure I'll grab a few of the movie classics, but they are just figures and only do so much for me. Statues would be killer, but I'm guessing we will see 1/6 figures from the new movie before anything else.

Yeah MM I realise the cost differance but I think as you said, we've waited 25 years and I certainly didn't wait all that time for a satisfactory representation. As far as the classics line goes I think it will be very limited. Many of the villains and secondary characters just won't make the money they require to produce on a large scale. I just don't think the following is there. I did finally see the four brothers here in Australia. But for the price I just couldn't justify it in the end and it was an easy pass for me. GO FIGURE!! LOL I thought I would at least buy Mickey but when I held they just looked poor in finish. Don't get me wrong though I like the idea I think I've just got a hankering for detail in my collectables these days.

Gettin fussy in my old age an all lol

As big a fan as I am I still can't get excited about the new movie. The only way they will be able to hype me is to show me an amazing pic of one of the turtles. Until then I keep dreaming of my movie pf's. 1/6 figs won't draw me in :lecture

I think.......:monkey3:)

On another note, really glad to see Bebop and Rocksteady joining the IDW comics, this series is slowly becoming my favorite version of TMNT:

IDW-One-shot_BebopRocksteady_Cover-Regular_rich.jpg

Bebop-and-Rocksteady.jpg

--

I love my turtles too :)

291ccxx.jpg
TMNTgroup2
350wbpj.jpg
TMNTgroup1

One of SSC best statues ever made. It's too bad Shreddar turned out so badly otherwise I would had bought him too.

If they had stuck Donatello's head sculpt on each of these bodies it would have been perfect. I never liked any of the other Turtle's sculpts besides his. They do look good together but the one I've been casually looking for is the standard Donatello.

Raph has a great look, and mike's face is pretty good, but I agree that Don has the best stance.

Back