Statue Sideshow TDK The Joker Premium Format 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like most of you, there's something off with the likeness. In some pics I see a resemblance and that's it. Too bad.

Like most of you, there's something off with the likeness. In some pics I see a resemblance and that's it. Too bad.

Sadly the case with many Ledger statues/figures out there. Hoping Queen Studios or Prime 1 with Blitzway can finally nail it.

Pic by nearmint:

6-F8-C2237-73-A7-4-F4-F-AD0-C-5-C6-EDA692767.jpg

Don't know what everyone else is seeing, but this looks like Ledger to me. Not perfect of course, but definitely looks like him and it's better than their last attempt. Only thing I don't like is the paint job, which is too simple and not very realistic. Other than that, I quite like the statue. The price sucks though.

I will wait and see all three Ledger statues coming out before deciding, but this is appealing given it's quarter scale. If Blitzway are also doing Batman then I likely won't bother with this and will just get their Bat/Joker combo, but this also makes a nice standalone piece.

No doubt Queen Studios will most likely be better, but you all know it will cost a hell of a lot more the this.

I just consider this to be a caricature of Ledger. It’s probably the best Sideshow can do with their sculpts.

Recently even Prime 1 has been dropping the ball on a few occasions. But at least with Prime 1 they usually look fairly close to say there’s a resemblance, but this could almost be anyone under that Joker face paint.

If they change the head sculpt, which is unlikely, to be a closer look then I might consider it. I need a Ledger Joker in my collection in some form.

I don't understand how Matt Black can sculpt characters like Obi wan Kenobi and Princess leia with surprisingly good likeness and realism, but can't sculpt a realistic sculpt of Ledger. I don't expect him to nail the likeness, especially since Hot Toys cant, but it should at least look realistic. Granted, Hot Toys 1/4 sculpt doesn't have great likeness but at least it looks realistic, whereas the sculpt on this looks cartoony.

If they change the head sculpt, which is unlikely, to be a closer look then I might consider it. I need a Ledger Joker in my collection in some form.

There are some 1/3 and 1/2 ones in the works from other companies, not sure about other 1/4, but I am going to keep waiting. SS usually does not fix issues like you said, so if you have waited this long, might as well give it a while longer and don't settle.

I do think this offering from Sideshow does have a better Ledger likeness than Hot Toys most recent 1/4 offering!

I do love the concept of this piece, I think it looks great and I'm very tempted to get it even though I have the original Joker from a few years back.
I just feel Sideshow are making the same mistakes they did with the Star Wars PF. They keep rehashing the same characters when they have a massive catalogue of characters they could release. What about a 1/4 scale Hervey, Scarecrow or Selena? I would prefer to buy all 3 of those to go with my current Ledger and Batman to complete the set.
Are you with me Freaksters?

There are some 1/3 and 1/2 ones in the works from other companies, not sure about other 1/4, but I am going to keep waiting. SS usually does not fix issues like you said, so if you have waited this long, might as well give it a while longer and don't settle.

Agreed. I have to be extremely picky with what I buy and this one just doesn't cut it as being what I consider to be "perfect" for my collection.

I do love the concept of this piece, I think it looks great and I'm very tempted to get it even though I have the original Joker from a few years back.
I just feel Sideshow are making the same mistakes they did with the Star Wars PF. They keep rehashing the same characters when they have a massive catalogue of characters they could release. What about a 1/4 scale Hervey, Scarecrow or Selena? I would prefer to buy all 3 of those to go with my current Ledger and Batman to complete the set.
Are you with me Freaksters?

It's not just DC/SW, it's a Sideshow trademark not to flesh out lines.

Back