Statue Sideshow TDK The Joker Premium Format 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks nothing like Heath Ledger, it's just some random dressed up as the dark knight joker (even Elvis impersonators look better). It's a pity because everything else looks decent, the clapping sculpt is a nice addition. But the face...it looks nothing, not one bit like Ledger, what a downright disgrace.

Yeah it's pretty bad, with companies like Queen and prime 1 it's not even close. Sideshow look like a budget knockoff compared to other companies' real life likenesses

Saw this coming a mile away, that was why I went QS rooted hair version. My God how bad is this!!! I think the first ss sculpt was better than this one. Yet that one was bad too. Even though I still own that one lol!

The sad thing is they know they suck.. lol.

Whats even worse, is they?re sucking on purpose. To fit a certain clientele.

Need-ant I say more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least Queen Studio is now making a 1/4 Ledger Joker.
I still want to see in hand pictures of this sideshow piece.

do they even have Ledger's likeness rights? can't believe they paid money for the licence just to release sth like this. if their actual goal was to sculpt Ledger then this might be one of the worst attempts I've seen so far regardless of scale

do they even have Ledger's likeness rights? can't believe they paid money for the licence just to release sth like this. if their actual goal was to sculpt Ledger then this might be one of the worst attempts I've seen so far regardless of scale

Maybe that's how they avoid paying for likenesses :rotfl

yea, the sad part is that this looks like a brother to the original HT TDK Joker sculpt that also didn't look like Ledger. It's very 2008 when we were getting very early not so great TDK Joker sculpts.

The sad thing is they know they suck.. lol.

Whats even worse, is they?re sucking on purpose. To fit a certain clientele.

Need-ant I say more.

That certain clientele is gonna get us all doomed! These substandard statues is what lowers the bar and before you know it, we get our fifa/call of duty equivalent statues. You'd be wishing this was all just a bad joke :-(

It's funny, while looking at the production pics ....my brain is telling me it's Ledger, but my eyes are not seeing Ledger. It's like my mind is trying to convince my eyes that's Ledger.

It's funny, while looking at the production pics ....my brain is telling me it's Ledger, but my eyes are not seeing Ledger. It's like my mind is trying to convince my eyes that's Ledger.

I wish my mind was playing that trick on me lol

Unfortunately my eyes and brain give me the same message

Haha our minds are all craving for a good Ledger joker. But in this hobby we eat with our eyes and there sure not hungry when looking at this piece :)

Haha our minds are all craving for a good Ledger joker. But in this hobby we eat with our eyes and there sure not hungry when looking at this piece :)

Well put. We do eat with our eyes in this hobby. And my eyes are not liking this.

At the end of the day these things are somewhat subjective, I mean surely some people will be happy with this statue?

It's decent as a concept piece, the body's fine and the clapping pose is a nice addition. It'll find it's crowd, but probably not for hardcore ledger joker fans.

Back