Statue Sideshow TDK The Joker Premium Format 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I wonder how much more expensive can be hire a good 3D sculptor, but then there is the paint app. Sideshow have one of the worst prototype to mass product paint job quality loss. The mass product of this statue will be worst looking for sure. I guess that's why SSC statues cost almost half than a prime1 statue (being still expensive IMO)

Yeah, I don’t know. Must be a cost that they are willing to cut and cheap out on in order to maximize profits.

Would be interesting find out how much they pay their existing 3D sculptor and how many they’ve gone through over the years.

They do cost half of whatever everyone else is doing. But they could be cheaper considering how much better things have gotten.

Their just a mass producing toy company, only they were able to do it with mid to low end collectibles, they’re the architects of this. Just as Prime one was able to mass produce large high end collectibles at a low cost, they are the architects of that niche.

Now you have the huge busts coming out. Expensive, but people are will to pay because of they have never seen anything like that before. They’re willing to pay because the high quality is something that has been lacking in the years. Again, this company has figured out a way to make their products affordable enough to sell though their stock. Looks like making multiple characters all at once is just as profitable as say over producing one character, one at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will if it’s 1/3 scale, as I don’t believe a scale has been revealed as of yet.

And at the moment I don’t expect that Sideshow will permit any 1/4 scale pieces that will involve Prime 1 in the development, but I do believe that Prime 1 would allow Blitzway to operate under their 1/3 scale licence.

I believe it was already confirmed 1/3 scale. Prime would have to use Blitz to get the 1/3 license because Prime doesn't have the TDK 1/3 license, only TDKR.

I believe it was already confirmed 1/3 scale. Prime would have to use Blitz to get the 1/3 license because Prime doesn't have the TDK 1/3 license, only TDKR.

Makes sense. Then my guess is that their collaboration piece is going to be around $1,100 to $1,200 USD, whereas Sideshows’ is probably going to be around the low $600’s. Maybe as high as $650 :dunno

I don’t understand the constant Sideshow bashing, especially since the ones doing the bashing keep comparing SS’s products with statues that cost 2 to 3 times more.
I mean, if you are comparing apples to apples then, otherwise the whole thing makes zero sense.

It’s like comparing a Mustang to a Lamborghini. Lol

And SS is capable of making great statues, for example my Patient Zero PF is probably one of the best executed pieces I own. From sculpt to paint to clothes. So they can get it right every once in a while. Lol

And finally the Walmart if collectibles??? Really??? Have you seen the stuff from Diamond Select?

I don’t understand the constant Sideshow bashing, especially since the ones doing the bashing keep comparing SS’s products with statues that cost 2 to 3 times more.
I mean, if you are comparing apples to apples then, otherwise the whole thing makes zero sense.

And SS is capable of making great statues, for example my Patient Zero PF is probably one of the best executed pieces I own. From sculpt to paint to clothes. So they can get it right every once in a while. Lol

And finally the Walmart if collectibles??? Really??? Have you seen the stuff from Diamond Select?

The statues in comparison cost 2 to 3 times more but they are also larger in size. Look at Thanos on the throne that statue while not technically 1/3 it's closer to for example a prime 1 1/3 statues price because that statue is bigger than their normal 1/4 scales.

If you want to go with comparable pricing, just look at what Hot Toys can produce with regards to the their figures which are less half the price. The facesculpts while not always perfect are significantly superior to Sideshows. Same goes for the paint on said facesculpts. I've always wished we could some how transplant their headscupts on to the Sideshow's premium format bodies, for the best of both worlds. As I can never get Hot Toys figures into a pose I'm truly happy with, but with premium formats I'm rarely happy with their face sculpts.

And yet I still currently buy pieces from most companies. Hot Toys, Sideshow, Iron Studios and Prime 1 Studio's. Each of them has their benefits, but none of them are truly perfect. But honestly I've only got a couple pieces left to come in from Sideshow, and then I 'might' be done with them.

last two SS Red Sonja's are extraordinary pieces at any price....

No one has really said they can’t do great comic based pieces. Just this year they’ve released quite a few good ones.

The problem is in relation to movie based pieces. Where one of the criteria’s that doesn’t exist for comic book pieces more often than not is not being satisfied by Sideshow. And unfortunately production paint discrepancies on said face sculpts is infinitely less forgiving than it is with comic based pieces.

Blog is up.

3007171_press1.jpg

That's really nice.

Sculpt: Matt Black

Called it. : )

Probably another Matt Black sculpt.

As I’ve said since the beginning, I like everything but the face..... or was that for the Spidey Mary Jane Maquette?

But then again it’s no surprise that both have the same issue.

But I do like the concept, the prison cell bars, the interchangeable arms. But damn that face....... what were they thinking?!

Called it. : )

You certainly did.

And outside of the head I do like the options, but would anyone actually display the bars in front of the statue?

I don’t know if it’s accurate or not, but I would’ve preferred if you could remove the lower level bars so that the statue would be more visible through the bars.

If that head comes out fan art companies are going to have a field day making heads for this piece.

You certainly did.

And outside of the head I do like the options, but would anyone actually display the bars in front of the statue?

I don’t know if it’s accurate or not, but I would’ve preferred if you could remove the lower level bars so that the statue would be more visible through the bars.

Not long term no, but it would be very cool to snap a few pics of his face through the bars...if only the face looked better.

Shame as I really love those switchout clapping hands.

Back