Statue Sideshow TDK The Joker Premium Format 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The headsculpt actually reminds me of the very first hot toys ledger joker sculpt. It's not as bad as that but I can see some similarities.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jok.jpg

Crlgrissmburton89.jpg

Sideshow should just give on movie statues. At least their comic pieces are good some of the time.

lol, I'm starting to think that Sideshow is not looking for a realistic look of most of their movie statues. I refuse to think that they are that incompetent, I mean there has to be a someone there who control the look of their statues. My theory is they are trying to achieve a "fresh" or "minimalistic" look of the movie appearance. Remind me when WB does movies based on specific comic book's, the killing joke comes to mi mind. A beautiful comic book with incredible drawing but the animated movie does not make justice at all on the drawing.

By the way the only movie based statue from sideshow that I like is their TDK Batman, best headsculpt around of Bale's Batman by miles, unlike the trash can that Prime1 brought to us.

lol, I'm starting to think that Sideshow is not looking for a realistic look of most of their movie statues. I refuse to think that they are that incompetent, I mean there has to be a someone there who control the look of their statues. My theory is they are trying to achieve a "fresh" or "minimalistic" look of the movie appearance. Remind me when WB does movies based on specific comic book's, the killing joke comes to mi mind. A beautiful comic book with incredible drawing but the animated movie does not make justice at all on the drawing.

By the way the only movie based statue from sideshow that I like is their TDK Batman, best headsculpt around of Bale's Batman by miles, unlike the trash can that Prime1 brought to us.

I won't disagree with this possibility, but I don't see how it helps them sell this statue. Most people don't want a Heath statue that looks nothing like him. They had the license for a long time, and now that QS and Blitz are making one, most will be waiting for those to see what they look like.

I won't disagree with this possibility, but I don't see how it helps them sell this statue. Most people don't want a Heath statue that looks nothing like him. They had the license for a long time, and now that QS and Blitz are making one, most will be waiting for those to see what they look like.

Very true. But Sideshow’s piece will have its place given that the alternatives will cost quite a bit more.

They are the Walmart of collectibles and that is something they’re apparently proud of and strive for.

And there is obviously a market and fan base for cheaply made dated looking collectibles because (maybe not us) but there are plenty of people buying their products that don’t care or don’t know about the higher end realistic and expensive products.

Sideshow has proven time and again that this is their market niche and will continue to make these products until one day people stop buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideshow still have a big market but I know prices are going up all the time which makes it a harder sell. I have a lot of premium formats but mostly older ones, I haven't bought any since huntress and I don't have any movie based statues. There will still be collectors who like their price point and quality, not every prime 1 piece is a home run for example

Seems like the level of quality you'd expect from something in 2008.

Movie came out 11 years ago, and this the best head sculpt they could come up with? Then people wonder why collectors buy custom statues.

They are the Walmart of collectibles and that is something they’re apparently proud of and strive for.

And there is obviously a market and fan base for cheaply made dated looking collectibles because (maybe not us) but there are plenty of people buying their products that don’t care or don’t know about the higher end realistic and expensive products.

Sideshow has proven time and again that this is their market niche and will continue to make these products until one day people stop buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I wonder how much more expensive can be hire a good 3D sculptor, but then there is the paint app. Sideshow have one of the worst prototype to mass product paint job quality loss. The mass product of this statue will be worst looking for sure. I guess that's why SSC statues cost almost half than a prime1 statue (being still expensive IMO)

you think the Blitzway will be a lot more?

It will if it’s 1/3 scale, as I don’t believe a scale has been revealed as of yet.

And at the moment I don’t expect that Sideshow will permit any 1/4 scale pieces that will involve Prime 1 in the development, but I do believe that Prime 1 would allow Blitzway to operate under their 1/3 scale licence.

Back